Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

BP style oil leak from the dizzy

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lunareg is an unknown quantity at this point
BP style oil leak from the dizzy

Hey everyone, first post here.

I just picked up a 93 hatch acouple days ago, it has a jdm d16zc sohc vetc, the guy turbo'd it, did the fuel mods, the internals are stock, he had it running on a 10psi spring, but Im thinking a lower psi might be a better option for longer life.

anyways, I was changing out plugs and wires, took it for a spin came back and chilled for awhile. I came out to the garage and there was about half a quart on the ground.. It was dripping big drops right from the cap on the dizz. nothing on the block, it was coming from the cap.

I took it over to my buddys shop and he got a new diz for it, everything seemed fine, drove around the block no leaks.

I drive 10mins back home, and it starts pissing out again from the same spot im loosing about a quart or more in a day. (mobil 1 synthetic no less)

now I noticed that the housing he picked up has 4 screws for the cap, but the cap that was on the car (didnt get a new one) only has 3 screws.. would a mismatch like this really throw the insides of the dizzy out that quickly or is something else causing the car to make them fail??

and mind you, the car hasnt been on the dyno, so I dont WOT maybe get to 4grand if that, so i wasnt beating its *** on my way home or anything.