Cleaning under hood - Honda Civic Forum

Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-07-2009   #1  
Registered!!

guitarsnroses is an unknown quantity at this point
Cleaning under hood

I heard that you can clean under your hood (engine, etc.) with a pressure washer. Is this okay? Has anybody done this?
guitarsnroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009   #2  
Registered!!

Silver02EX is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Cleaning under hood

In the past i use a pressure washer until some water got into the ignition coil and cause my car to misfire. I had to pull all my coils out and let them dry and replace all my spark plugs. Now i just use some simple green and gental stream of water.
Silver02EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009   #3  
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i dont recommend any water under the hood. some degreaser and a rag to clean most surfaces works great. wet cloth is great for plastics. then use some polish on the metals and plastic detailer on the other trims and stuff.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009   #4  
Registered!!

Staninator is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
i dont recommend any water under the hood. some degreaser and a rag to clean most surfaces works great. wet cloth is great for plastics. then use some polish on the metals and plastic detailer on the other trims and stuff.
Staninator is offline   Reply With Quote