Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 honda coup is an unknown quantity at this point
Help

Hello. I purchased a 2006 Civic Coupe 14 days ago from a dealer. The oil indicator came on last night (15%). I ended up adding 4 quarts of oil to get it back to full. Is the engine toast? It seems fine and the oil is not leaking out. I do like the car - it looks like the dealer drained the oil and forgot to refill -- is this possible? I have about 1000 miles on the car since I purchased it 14 days ago -- thks for your input
Old 06-25-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Help

I would probably bringing that car back to the service center and tell them what happened. If your oil was that low you probably have shortened the life of that motor dramatically
Old 06-25-2009
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Did you check the level on the dipstick before adding ??

The indicator inside is the life not the level.

And yes, if it did indeed take 4 quarts you need to get back in touch with the seller.
Old 06-26-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Hmm.... where did you add the oil?