Bad gas...Misfiring cylinder + Injectors replacements - Honda Civic Forum

Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-15-2009   #1
Registered!!

draker777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Bad gas...Misfiring cylinder + Injectors replacements

Well I am busting my head at the steering wheel when that orange check engine start flashing and the car looking like if it was on its last mile...

So there is what I got...

misfire on cylinder 4
misfire on cylinder 3
missfir on cylinder 2

Lets call it multiple miss firing on different cylinder...
The car barely made it to the dealership on one cylinder... let say I would rather call CAA to have it towed... But I'm just so stubborn...

As I didnt know what was wrong with the car and haven't done any diagnosis ... I was wondering if some bad gas would be the origin of my problem and at the same time I'm thinking heum.... did I ever change that f...ckin fuel filter since I got that civic... Just assuming or questionning myself about it is already answering this question on my own... ( damit ) so

What do you guys think about my diagonosis of my little problem...

Fuel filter----- gone wrong or done to be change
Leading to injection of crap to the fuel rail and clogging the injector leading to some misfiring.

So up to that point... have to change the fuel filter + injector + cleeanflow down the fuel tank if water formation downthere.... While I am there better have a look at a new set of sparks plug considering these are probably gone wrong with the **** being injected.

draker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009   #2
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bad gas...Misfiring cylinder + Injectors replacements

check the plugs first, then check the fuel pressure, then the injectors.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009   #3
Registered!!

bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

what year car and what spark plugs do you have in it
bomerman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009   #4
Registered!!

jd03si is an unknown quantity at this point

before you start throwing parts at it check valve lash adjustments and compression. i had to replace a burned exhaust valve on my k20a3 because the guy i bought the car from never had valve adjustment which caused a misfire on that cylinder along with multiple misfire code. long story short a little pm goes a long way.
jd03si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009   #5
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light

Sounds like plugs. Had the exact problem and took like $5 and 10min to fix.
drunkenmagnum is offline   Reply With Quote