Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

2001 Civic EX - Wipe Fluids not squirting

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shams is an unknown quantity at this point
Post 2001 Civic EX - Wipe Fluids not squirting

Hello Folks,
The windshiper wiper fluids are not coming out from my 2001 Honda Civic EX. Normally, when it is out of fluid, I would at-least hear the pump/motor making a noise. But today..there is absolutely no noise being heard either.

Not sure what could be wrong. I'll take it to the dealership tomorrow morning. However, I would appreciate if somebody can provide me with any probable cause for this malfunction. Is the fuse shorted out or does the pump need to be replaced? Any other reason for this? I know I have had the pipes blocked before but in those instances I would hear the pump going -no such luck this time around.

Thanks for your tips.

Regards,
Shams.
Old 12-08-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: 2001 Civic EX - Wipe Fluids not squirting

it could be a blow motor. if not it could be a clogged tube or nozzle
Old 12-08-2008
Registered!!

supafil25 will become famous soon enough

if its not making any noise its most likely the motor
Old 12-08-2008
Registered!!

joe6680 will become famous soon enoughjoe6680 will become famous soon enough

What the hell is going on with the lack of grammar on this site, its been horrid lately.
Old 12-08-2008
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute

If its not making any noises... the 1st thing to check is the fuse.
Old 12-09-2008
Registered!!

DieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of light

my first thoughts when i read the post title:

did the previous owner give the car a Vasectime?
or mabye it's abstanit
or mabye it's tired of the same old hag (you) and dosent find u sexy anymore

sorry had to do it
Old 12-09-2008
Prowlin' with a Purpose

WannaBFast will become famous soon enoughWannaBFast will become famous soon enough

if the wipers work and the pump isnt.. its not a fuse.. they run on the same fuse.. probablly check to see if the washer pump is plugged in.. yes i know, but ive seen some body shops forget to plug that in.. secondly, what type of weather are you in? might have frozen washer fluid.. i see that a lot this time of the year too
*edit*
also if your nozzles are cracked you wouldnt be getting a good spray, but if there isnt any noise, then something is wrong with the pump and/or wiring to the pump
Old 12-09-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

its the washer pump if you dont hear anything. alot of times the plug will just get really dirty and finally some will go in the plug and ruin the contacts. take off the bumper and have a look, its stuck right to the side of the fluid reservoir.
Old 12-20-2008
Prowlin' with a Purpose

WannaBFast will become famous soon enoughWannaBFast will become famous soon enough

ive just had an interesting experience, car comes in, no noise heard from the washer pump, but everything else works... pull the pump out of the reservoir, ICE... all up in there rendering the pump inoperable, quick fix, hit it with hot water... run hot water through the reservoir with the pump out to flush the ice out
Old 12-21-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

lol i guess someone didnt feel like paying the extra dollar for washer fluid with a low freezing point.
Old 01-20-2009
Registered!!

civicplaya will become famous soon enoughcivicplaya will become famous soon enough

I'm pretty sure it's your pump... Try all the ^^^ first.
I'm currently looking for some nozzles, but am not having any luck. I just want the regular black ones. Not those ugly chrome led ones.