Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Help Locating my intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jcoat is an unknown quantity at this point
Help Locating my intake manifold

I am new to this Civic forum and i am no car guru!!!!! however, i have heard how wonderful this sea foam cleaner works and purchased some the other day. I know how to use it and all that i just need to know where my intake manifold is located???? Like i said i am no car whiz and am fairly dumb when it comes to what under my hood! i would appreciate a pic diagram or something if anyone can help.......???? I have a 2002 ex. coupe. ...Thanks is advance
Old 04-25-2007
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help Locating my intake manifold

You're intake mani is underneath your throttle body if you know where that is. Picture where your header is...the intake mani is on the otherside of the block. Let me know if you're still confused.
Old 04-25-2007
Registered!!

yea im still confused! ahaha.....like i said im no whiz...i dont know any terminology. Pictures do wonders.........if u know what to hook up to the can of sea foam that would be awesome....i need a pic or i cant unerstand! lol sorry and thank u as well
Old 04-25-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

jeffsta17 is an unknown quantity at this point

follow your intake box...its black and starts over by the battery...follow the tubing back to you throttle body...then right underneath that is ur intake manifold
Old 04-25-2007
Registered!!

goodness people.....PICTURES PLEASE>>>>>>this is not helping. I dont know **** about what things are called....at all...no throtties dotties manis fannis.......just show a pic of what is looks like on my car please lol
Old 04-25-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Make sure you search around this site for how to do the Sea Foam. There are couple good DIYs floating around on it.
Old 04-25-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

the shiny blue pipe is my intake. the end that doesnt have the big *** filter on it, is connected to the top of the throttle body, below that is the intake manifold. however, if you don't know what it is, should you be trying to clean it yourself??
Old 04-25-2007
Registered!!

i just want to know what tube to hook up to the can of seafoam......i dont want to take the manifold apart and clean it
Old 04-25-2007

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

i'm not familiar with how that stuff works, but i would assume you'd at least have to take your intake off.
Old 04-25-2007
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute

please dont attempt this yourself. you're just asking for trouble everytime you open your hood if u dont even know what the intake of your motor looks like.
Old 04-25-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

if you search seafoam, you'll get plenty of stuff for it.

its the brake line vac.

you needa feed the seafoam through the brake line vac.
Old 04-25-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

This is looking at your intake manifold as if you were sitting in your seat and there was nothing between you and the moter. Your throttle body goes on top of the little spacer (labeled with a #1). The oil filler cap is about 4 inches up from the furthest left port on the EGR plate (labeled with a #7). The IM itself is black plastic and hidden underneath your air filter box. If you are going to proceed and do the Sea Foam yourself, be sure and take it slow and follow the instructions EXACTLY. This isn't just a "hook up the can, start the motor, and 5 minutes later your motor is automagically clean" kind of deal.

Old 04-25-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light

OMFG do you even know where to put the gasoline in? i would believe it if you said no.

The IM is right next to where you add the blinker fluid.
Old 04-25-2007
Registered!!

Lord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by drunkenmagnum
right next to where you add the blinker fluid.
Old 04-25-2007

Originally Posted by drunkenmagnum
OMFG do you even know where to put the gasoline in? i would believe it if you said no.

The IM is right next to where you add the blinker fluid.

some funny **** right there. +1 for you.
Old 05-23-2007
Registered!!

chawski will become famous soon enoughchawski will become famous soon enough

right next to where you add the blinker fluid
i thought that thing was the muffler bearing lubricant reservoir?!?!
Old 05-23-2007
Registered!!

kileryoyo is an unknown quantity at this point

No the muffler bearing lubricant reservoir is right next to where you refill your vtec.
Old 05-23-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kileryoyo
No the muffler bearing lubricant reservoir is right next to where you refill your vtec.

i also have vtec fluid for sale... paypal me $6+SH
(they usually for for $10+)

sl33pyriceboi@gmail.com