Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Short Ram Filter

Old 04-27-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tnel2005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Short Ram Filter

hey guys i have an AEM short ram intake on my 2002 ex coupe...i was just wondering if anyone knows where i can find the excact replacement for the filter at a good price??? thanks
Old 04-27-2006
Registered!!

ccajun4real is an unknown quantity at this point
I have an AEM/K & N type cotton fiber filter. Nearly brand new for $20 shipped if interested. PM me for pics/details. Thanks

Cajun
Old 04-27-2006
Registered!!

are u for sure this will fit the aem short ram intake???and what is nearly new? has it been on your car??? and if so, how long? thanks
Old 04-27-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
I have a used filter but its not good enough that I would sell it. Its lost its shape from the poor fitment of the aem sri hitting the hood so sorry, can't help
Old 04-27-2006
Registered!!

ohh thanks
Old 04-27-2006

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
If the filter is in good shape, then just get a filter cleaning kit for like $10 and use that. You will get a cleaner and oil. You use the cleaner to get the dirt out, then oil the filter. Its pretty easy, but a little messy with the oil.

If its in bad shape, I don't know exactly where you would get a new one, but get the AEM dry filter and you never have to oil it!
Old 04-28-2006
Registered!!

ccajun4real is an unknown quantity at this point
My filter was used for less than 200 miles. I got a new comptech intake for the car and dont need the SRI anymmore. Thanks

Cajun
Old 04-28-2006
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
http://www.tirerack.com/intake/aem/f...ean_system.jsp

Got this along w/ my newly installed SRI!
Old 04-28-2006
Registered!!

thanks guys....does the cleaner come with all the directions needed??? and is it easy??? the intake was installed by the dealer on my car when i bought it brand new so its got 22,000 miles on it so i guess the cleaner would be perfect. I dont think its cuaseing me any problems but i just want to clean it before 25000
Old 04-28-2006

Originally Posted by tirerack.com
Comprehensive instructions included
Cleaning is easy, oiling is a pain, but you don't oil the dry filters so it can't be too hard
Old 04-28-2006
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
Cleaning the dry filter is a piece of cake. All you do is fill a bucket w/ one container of the cleaner along w/ some warm water, just making sure the water doesn't touch the top of the filter, let it soak for a while, dump out the dirty water, and repeat w/ the other container, let the filter dry and BAM a nice new clean filter.
Old 04-28-2006
Registered!!

thanks for the help...so is the AEM short ram intake have a dry filter?
Old 04-29-2006
I like my commute

yes, well the one tirerack is selling is dry filter, I won't lie to you guys tho, it took me 5 hours to install it! it sucks not having all the proper tools
Old 04-29-2006

wow I had an intake on before.
First time I installed it it took 1.5 hours. I took my time but every bolt and screw was rusted in place and was really hard to get out.

Taking it off and putting stock intake back on took 30 mins.

Three days ago I installed a new intake: Taking stock off and installing intake took 15 mins.
Old 04-29-2006
I like my commute

Originally Posted by diskreet
wow I had an intake on before.
First time I installed it it took 1.5 hours. I took my time but every bolt and screw was rusted in place and was really hard to get out.

Taking it off and putting stock intake back on took 30 mins.

Three days ago I installed a new intake: Taking stock off and installing intake took 15 mins.

I know right, that was really the hardest part was getting that huge air box out, the bolts are so hard to get to, and are rusted out the results are well worth the hard work though! vroom
Old 04-29-2006
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
one of my bolts broke the plastic housing of the airbox so i got a bolt sitting in the box hehe
Old 04-29-2006
Registered!!

sounds like cleaning it will probably be my best bet on easiest
Old 04-30-2006
I like my commute

Originally Posted by shroomster
one of my bolts broke the plastic housing of the airbox so i got a bolt sitting in the box hehe
Yeah, I ended up snapping a few owell, will never use the stock intake again anyways, plus both boxes were full of A-Corns!!! damn squirrels!

Originally Posted by tnel2005
sounds like cleaning it will probably be my best bet on easiest
yeah def. and cheaper too
Old 05-01-2006
Registered!!

ok cool....i will clean it soon!

hey so if i end up buying a new filter will this work for my 02 ex aem short ram intake???

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...0&autoview=sku

Last edited by tnel2005; 05-01-2006 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-02-2006
Falken Master

cwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nice
http://www.ajusa.com
Old 05-04-2006
Registered!!

thanks for the site bro!