Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Redline or Genuine Honda ATF

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
teg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trusted
Redline or Genuine Honda ATF

Ok well which is better? I did a flush with honda recently and my tranny feels better.. but will redline do even better? why im askin is because my tranny i wouldnt say is messed up, but lets just say its not perfect either. I need the best possible ATF i can get.. so which is it redline or honda, or other? thanks
Old 12-18-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
if it don't say Honda on it don't use it. i mean oil is oil but tranny fluid is different.
Old 12-18-2005
Registered!!

teg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trusted
OK because i searched and i found a few posts saying how redline is better.. anyone using redline care to reply
Old 12-19-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nice
If you are under warranty, use Honda and keep all your receipts. If you are way out of warranty, use whatever you think is best. Redline may well be better, I don't know. If the tranny goes, you have to pay for it anyway. But as long as you have any warranty, stick to honda so they have a harder time trying to void your warranty. Simple as that.
On this note, I make sure my mom takes her car to honda every 20k for a tranny flush while under warranty. Keeping all records so when the tranny dies, we can prove that the car was well maintained by THEM, and ahead of shedule. Just waiting....

Last edited by tinman; 12-19-2005 at 11:46 AM.
Old 12-19-2005
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by tinman
If you are under warranty, use Honda and keep all your receipts. If you are way out of warranty, use whatever you think is best. Redline may well be better, I don't know. If the tranny goes, you have to pay for it anyway. But as long as you have any warranty, stick to honda so they have a harder time trying to void your warranty. Simple as that.
On this note, I make sure my mom takes her car to honda every 20k for a tranny flush while under warranty. Keeping all records so when the tranny dies, we can prove that the car was well maintained by THEM, and ahead of shedule. Just waiting....

Old 12-19-2005
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
from my experience Red line is better fluid period.