7th Gen Do It Yourself Articles Look here for anything and everything you want to do yourself for your Civic and save money! If you can't find what you were looking for here, what about writing an article yourself? Hep appreciated! Questions on how to do are better suited in the Mechanical issues section

Hacking the Hybrid?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
guber is an unknown quantity at this point
Hacking the Hybrid?

Hi guys, so after Ezone helped me so nicely with my CVT question, here is a question on a major DIY improvement. Please tell me if the hybrid has a different part of the forum, I'm a little confused that I couldn't find it. But anyway, mine is a 2004 model year, so by the title of this forum, this is where it should belong.

Here is the question: anyone has done something like the mIMA conversion that Mike offers at http://99mpg.com? Or are there any people who hack the computer to tweak the IMA algorithm?

Here is what I would like to do: on initial acceleration, I would like to have full assist, so that I get over that low MPG hump as soon as possible.

And as a minor point, to recondition the battery, I would like to allow a full discharge cycle, to really drain the batteries out, and then do a full charge to 100% to help re-balance the cells.

I might not need the mIMA to have full manual control if I could do the hack to use more assist and the recondition cycles. In fact, the use more assist mode might be enough, down to full discharge, then I'd use the grid charger to give it an overnight full charge.

Anyone have any pointers?

Last edited by guber; 03-10-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old 03-10-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hacking the Hybrid?

Originally Posted by guber
mIMA conversion that Mike offers at http://99mgg.com?

Link fail.

Try this:
http://99mpg.com/
Old 03-10-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
guber is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, right, a typo. But he only does the Insight at this point, not the civic apparently. And it isn't a computer software mod. I guess nobody does it, not enough hackers around one car.
Old 03-10-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe try a hybrid specific forum? IDK.

I haven't seen anyone talking recently about what you want, and I mainly deal with completely stock cars and their issues.