Auto X/Road Racing Auto X and Road Course Forum

Confused out of my mind.

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005
Se7enCyrus Racing/Motorsports

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SevenCyrus will become famous soon enoughSevenCyrus will become famous soon enough
Question Confused out of my mind.

Alright, so...I understand im a newb, I shouldn’t buy anything till about a year, etc. But my car is lowered already 2.25 front and 2.0 back with Neuspeed race springs. So, the stock shocks will not last, probably blow in first race. There’s these Konis used I can get from a guy on here, says it was on his buddies 03, and on his, he says they work fine. $400 shipped. So then with this set up it will be the Springs with Koni Yellows. Idk why but, but I just don’t like that used feeling, esp with something like shocks. So then, I was thinking, maybe I should just get Full Coilovers, but most I see on market just look like for ride comfortably, and not racing. I just can’t decide...what’s the best set up for autox racing, and other racing events?? I don’t care for street comfort ability, etc. I just want a good set up that the best for racing. Would that mean getting full coilovers? USAF guy has the JIC, and he says there great, only prob is that ther 2K!! I see Teins.. I see Tokico, but there not good I here either for autox. Then there’s hayame, guy selling those brand new 400, but here a lot of negative....SO MANY..CANT DECIDE! Should I just get new koni yellows and use springs, or buy used? Should I sell springs and get full coils. If so...WHICH ones!?
Yes I know every company has its ups and downs. Ok then so for Teins, which coils are good for autoxing. For Konis, whats the best way. ETC, What’s out there that can be used exclusively for racing.

Here are the used konis, says there about 5K miles on them. With konis, do they where off, get bad? Is it worth to buy used? Or just spend 200 more to get new??

Thank you guys.
Old 04-24-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Well if you're looking for JICs, I have a set that I re-rated towards racing a coupe (vs. the EP3 rates they came with) that I'm selling.
Konis have a pretty long warranty and its pretty rate of a set going bad without really helping blow.
Old 04-24-2005
Se7enCyrus Racing/Motorsports

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SevenCyrus will become famous soon enoughSevenCyrus will become famous soon enough
Konis have a pretty long warranty and its pretty rate of a set going bad without really helping blow.

And why are you selling such great coils?
Old 04-24-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
I typoed.... it should have said pretty rare of a set to blow without helping them out.
If you just race the hell out of them, with stiff springs you'll wear the valving out. But even then, I believe the life of them is 2 full race seasons between rebuilds. Running street rate springs, its darn near infinite. Probably 100K before you need to get them done (same as any other shock), or longer. I'm selling JICs because I switched to a setup I custom built for myself.