Auto X/Road Racing Auto X and Road Course Forum

Trail braking

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005
Why is my vagina bleeding?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nindoo has a spectacular aura aboutnindoo has a spectacular aura about
Trail braking

Well I wanted to know how to trail brake.

Any links to information on trailbraking, maybe videos?

Maybe you guys can share your experiences.
Old 01-27-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
One foot on the gas, one foot on the brake. Press them both. Its all feel and it just takes practice to do. It helps pull the rear end around as you enter a corner by unloading the weight of it.
Old 01-27-2005
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Physics of racing, Part 23: Trail braking

Have fun, and remember Trail braking is a tool, to be used when needed to help you take a turn. When, where and how much can only be determinied by you, the turn you are navagating and how your car is set up.
Old 01-27-2005

What would you say the most important thing in racing is? The line, shifting smooth, braking or something else?
Old 01-27-2005
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Well, To be fast you must be smooth... in all things, be it Braking, accelerating, or turning.... You can drive the line, but if you arnt smooth, you arnt going to be fast, or at least you wont be as fast as you could have been.

just try and learn one thing at a time... Theres way too much to learn if you try every thing at once.
Old 01-27-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Slow and smooth... the speed comes naturally, and with practice. A smooth run will feel slower, but in fact be faster than a ***** to the walls wildman run.
Old 01-27-2005

I'll pratice my shifting and braking and turning to be smooth on the regular streets I hope that helps me later if I decide to get into road racing.