Auto X/Road Racing Auto X and Road Course Forum

AutoCross

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004
Addicted to the Twisties!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FattyMcJ will become famous soon enoughFattyMcJ will become famous soon enough
Hey guys...one more question. I just got back from my first auto cross event and I didn't do too badly! Middle of the pack I'd say, as far as times go. Anyway....I printed some numbers on some magnetic paper from office max and they looked GREAT! However...once the sun came out and they got warmer...they started to curl!! So, needless to say I was stuck taping the damn things to my car and still lookin' GHETTO!

My question is...where did you guys get the magnetic sheets you use for your numbers? The stuff I used is VERY thin, let's just say it fit in the printer as though it were reqular paper. I want some STRONG magnetic material that will STICK to my door without falling off, curling, etc. Any suggestions?
Old 01-11-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
To get something that looks good, make something in a photo editor and take it to a sign shop. I shelled out $35 to have my Silver letters on orange magnets made. Well worth it.
The semi-ghetto way to do it is to go to the hardware store, buy Vent Blockers (in the HVAC section) and spray paint over a stencil to get the numbers. It works and its cheap, but to keep them looking good you'll constantly be touching the spray paint up. You could buy them from a place like solotime.com, but the die-cut numbers are pretty pricey.
Old 01-12-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
I picked up a new set of # for nationals here .... My regional #s arnt legal for national events...
Old 01-12-2004

Thanks guys!
Old 01-12-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by Zzyzx
I picked up a new set of # for nationals here .... My regional #s arnt legal for national events...

Yeah, now that he pointed that out... its 8" Numbers and 4" letters that are legal for Divisional/National Events.
I'm a little pissed at the sign lady, she made me my 8" numbers, but the letters are only 3.5". I bet I can get away with it though.
Old 01-12-2004
But it's a Dry Heat

l00pb4k is an unknown quantity at this point
So who is coming down here to Phoenix for Nationals? I will just be spectating....just wondering.
Old 01-12-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
I'll be there. but dont count on a good finish.... there are 18 cars signed up for STS right now. WIth 5 Being 89 Civic Sis, arguably the best car for the class.... also, one of those Sis is begin driven by Ken Motonishi, last years National champ I am so Toast... So I'm shooting for 6th right now..... and considering my co driver is much better at this then me I should be shooting for 7th..... but 7th out of 18 wouldnt be too bad considering its my first national tour event.
Old 01-13-2004

Phoenix Nationals?

Why has nobody informed me? lol

I'd love to go, I may not run, but I'd love to watch and LEARN!!!

Lemme know the details and such, URL is helpful too!

Thanks!!! You guy's have been REALLY helpful!
Old 01-13-2004
Autocross Junky

Originally posted by FattyMcJ
Phoenix Nationals?

Why has nobody informed me? lol

I'd love to go, I may not run, but I'd love to watch and LEARN!!!

Lemme know the details and such, URL is helpful too!

Thanks!!! You guy's have been REALLY helpful!

Here ya go...

National tour season opener
Old 01-13-2004

^^^Grassy *** my friend!!!