Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

Hello to all, I'm here as a pro offering and seeking free knowledge and info

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SSky ase master is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello to all, I'm here as a pro offering and seeking free knowledge and info

I'm truly sorry to see this forum so inundated with misinformation, wrong info, wrong guesses and unfortunately so many uninformed opinions... I say unfortunately because I feel the people responding who've committed the previously mentioned "sins" did so with every good intention in mind or for moral support, which again isn't or couldn't be done in malice. It is better to have more heads I suppose to overcome the unknown, because in a head is where ideas are born. It's all great and it sort of works fine. But I, being the efficiency junkie I admit I am, find it all inspiring, wholesome, good and frustrating as hell... at the same time! Especially when you're already frustrated almost beyond logic, which to me is when you just start throwing money and new parts indiscriminately at your motor vehicle, without confirming component failure or for no good reason other than frustration... this is where the guessing game literally begins... i.e. member #1: "What other part, thing or component would cause these symptoms''... member #2: "Oh it could be this, that, blah, blah and blah, but only if blah blah... well you get the point. If I guess at something, its because I've exhausted all other known remedies and am using my training, knowledge of mechanical theory and 35 years of wrenching experience to come to the next step of diagnosing the issue. Folks, it's ok to say: I don't know. I do it all the time, other pros say it too, because even a master ase tech certified for decades, can't possibly know everything. I know they don't. Anyway to my original point of whether repair forums are extremely helpful or an exercise in frustration... I gotta say the jury's still out. However, some are much worse and some others are much better informed than the others. The searching for your particular issue is the most frustrating, time consuming task for all forums equally. But I wish that somehow the whole process could be expedited or made more efficient in it's presentation/operation, and yes, I realize I want that even though it's a totally voluntary (free) service. I guess I'm a glutton for efficiency, or a perfectionist or maybe what I think would be a better word (if it even IS a word), "precisionist". That being said, I'm here to help to the best of my knowledge and maybe seeking help of my own, from other members.
Old 06-20-2019
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Hello to all, I'm here as a pro offering and seeking free knowledge and info

Welcome to the forum.