Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

Greetings from South FL

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gnurmi is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Greetings from South FL

Hello all,
New to car stuff as I grew up in NYC, there you only own a car if you don't mind paying upwards of $1k/month for parking hehe. I don't have any modifications on my car, and don't really intend to do too much in that respect, but I'm very interested in learning to do as much maintenance and upkeep myself as possible on my 2005 Civic DX. I'm tired of throwing my hard earned cash at mechanics who all too often take advantage of my lack of car knowledge. Obviously some jobs are going to be beyond my abilities, either because I don't have the tools or the know how, but basic stuff like oil/filter changes, brake jobs, etc I'd like to start doing myself. I'm also generally interested in learning more about how exactly the engine works. I have some basic knowledge of "classical" mechanics, so I think this should be within my reach. The internet is just too full of good info and people willing to be generous with their knowledge/experience to not get more involved and save some serious cash in the process. I write software and like to experiment with data science, and in coding/tech forums you'll often find pro's willing to break you off with some serious knowledge. I'm starting to realize that this can be similar with auto's, like in this forum. What a godsend! Peace and blessings from South Florida ...
Old 06-28-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Greetings from South FL

Welcome!

Yes forums can be a great place to learn new things and we have a great network of people on this one. From guys who just do it for fun, to actual Technicians like ezone, and mcnoople someone should be able to help you. You also have one of the civics that there is a lot of info on.
Old 06-28-2018
Registered!!

Thanks GolNat!
Old 06-28-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,126 Likes on 941 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Welcome!
Old 06-28-2018
Registered!!

Appreciate it!