Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

New From Upstate NY

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gearheadmike is an unknown quantity at this point
New From Upstate NY

Hey new here from way upstate ny, new to the forum but ive owned hondas befor. ive only owned 2 i had a 95 civic ex 1.6 vtec auto that was my dd untill i sold it,i also had a 1971 honda N600 sedan haha sweet little car. anyways i allways like the reliability and mpg with honda. so after 3-4 yrs of selling my 95 ive been needing a good car for gas and semi long trips. I just bought today a 96 honda civic lx sedan has the 1.6 5 speed now the good part to me only 98k miles. the car is in good shape no rust/rot on outer body or rockers/underside ive seen. interior needs little cleaning but no engine lights on clutch good tires like new engine sounds strong. I got it for $850 the guy was asking 1k he brought it yesterday to get inspected at a nearby garage and they failed it saying front subframe rust. Well...???? ive looked as much as i could and i couldnt find any rust /rot shock towers good/all that?? The owner told me "they gave me the paper saying it failed i took there word and just going to sell it."
I have been told the garage he brought it to also sells used cars and they suppose to try failing nice cars buying them cheap and then they sell them.? im going to get the car registed and put on the road in a week or two and my machanic will pass it. Then im going to have the car put on the lift to see if there is rust/rot or not. I hope not lol

heres a pic of it
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	civic.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	82402  
Old 01-19-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: New From Upstate NY

Old 01-20-2012
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

Welcome..and i would not go to that garage, some places are shady, sux to say but not all people are honest when i comes to making money.
Old 01-20-2012
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

welcome!

I was going to call BS on a 1971 Honda. I thought '76 was their first production year. Sweet ride though bet you wish you still had it. My first civic was a '78.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	sema2009_115_honda_n600.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	82407