Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

Noob... What's up guys

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Andrew12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Noob... What's up guys

Hey everyone, I've been a member here for over a year now... I just never really got time to spend money on my car, let alone research for ideas. The car is a 1999 Honda Civic Ex 2-door with a d16y8. Nothing exciting by any means. The owner before me didn't quite take the best care of the car. It has an oil leak in the rear main seal, needs new brakes, has some pretty noticable dents around the car and the drivers side window seems to keep falling off of the track. I'm just looking for some advice on what parts to buy, where to buy them from, and how to get my car into a prestine/show condition. I'm an absolute nut for car audio, and I hope to turn this car into eye candy with an absolutely sick audio setup inside. I'll be around the forums helping as much as possible with audio/in-car entertainment as much as possible. I look forward to learning from you guys!

Andrew
Old 11-03-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Noob... What's up guys

make friends with body shop owners, that kind of work is expensive. audio can be easy to install once you learn a bit more and you should prolly do it yourself to get the best possible install and save some money. a great site for cheaper stuff is carmedia1.com and for other parts there is alot available. unfortunately my 02 has a rear main seal leak too and its gonna cost $600 cause they need to remove the transmission to get to it.
Old 11-03-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Andrew12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gearbox
make friends with body shop owners, that kind of work is expensive. audio can be easy to install once you learn a bit more and you should prolly do it yourself to get the best possible install and save some money. a great site for cheaper stuff is carmedia1.com and for other parts there is alot available. unfortunately my 02 has a rear main seal leak too and its gonna cost $600 cause they need to remove the transmission to get to it.
Yeah man, the rear main seal was quoted $700 from honda. But I have a guy that will do it for $250!!! I'm stoked about that, I just need a better job so that I can have the extra money to pay for it lol. As far as the car entertainment, I'm currently saving up for my next daily/comp setup. It'll consist of 2 18" Fi Audio BL's powered by 2 AudioQue 2200's. I already own 2 Powermaster D3100 batteries for the trunk to power the amps. The most expensive piece of the whole puzzle is the alternator. It's going to cost me $500, but it's built by mechman, so it's THE best money can buy. I'm looking to play 150 db on music with this setup. My ideas for my car so far consist of:

-Repaint to some sort of flat/stealth black
-Remove all dents
-Re-tint front and rear windows with double 15% tint for extra security.
-Re-tint windshield with 30% instead of 50% on there now
-Sound deaden entire interior of car
-New rims (Nothing expensive, just something to match the stealth black paint)

I've also been debating swapping the motor in this car for something with a little more pep. It seems that all of the engines i've seen have been around $2k for the entire swap. I'd rather put that sort of money into a different car though. Let me know what you guys think of my plans. Any constructive criticism is welcome!
Old 11-03-2008
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Your car is going to rattle like its held together with plastic clips.