Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

Just Bought my first CIVIC

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
49ers is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Just Bought my first CIVIC

Just bought my 2005 Civic LX Sedan (auto) and it's great! the only bad part is how do you modify or place a part to get more fuel economy? Please let me know.. I heard If you put one of those tornado parts in your air intake it helps.. Please let me know if thats true or just a fake and just ripping you off part? THX 49ers
Old 05-08-2005
Powered by Honda

y.0. KiLLa is an unknown quantity at this point
welcome to the site..no dont spend ur money on the tornado thing, i think its just a scam..dude thats why u got a civic
Old 05-08-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Sun hypervoltage system (connects to battery)
fp60 fuel system additive from lubecontrol.com
better air/fuel tuning (apexi VAFCII)
Old 05-08-2005
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough
Welcome to the website that tornado thing is a scam. Be sure to start posting pictures of your civic as you progress with it. ;]
Old 05-08-2005
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
welcome to the site and listen to gear box those are some good mods that will approve what you want. i love my vafcII
Old 05-09-2005
In love with Darryl. Only 10 more days baby.. te amo

diana is a splendid one to beholddiana is a splendid one to beholddiana is a splendid one to beholddiana is a splendid one to beholddiana is a splendid one to beholddiana is a splendid one to beholddiana is a splendid one to beholddiana is a splendid one to beholddiana is a splendid one to beholddiana is a splendid one to beholddiana is a splendid one to behold
Welcome to the site, hope you enjoy it
Old 05-09-2005
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Welcome...

nice car

Yeah, like those guys said, don't waste your money on those tornado things, Sport Compact Car actually showed it lowered the performance and MPG. Bad product
Old 05-09-2005
Registered!!

Logovaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome
Old 05-10-2005
Registered!!

JCiv03 is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the site! i'm suprised that user name hasnt been taken yet...
Old 05-10-2005
Hail The Princess...I'm in LOVE

PL_Playalistic is an unknown quantity at this point
welcome
Old 05-15-2005
Registered!!

projeKt24 is an unknown quantity at this point
just bought mine also

just wanted to join in here since i just bought my first BRAND SPANKIN NEW car. its an '05 Magnesium EM2. im usually an HT head when i had my gsr but due to theft i am now going to be a 7th gen wh0re. w00t! i have big plans for the future and hope to show you everyone what i can and WILL do. check my name and you will get the picture for what i have planned ahead. peace
Old 05-18-2005
Registered!!

49ers is an unknown quantity at this point
THX,for the info,. I know the Civic's pack a punch and are quick... but I'm old skool and into saving gas and economy U know? Keep the ideas coming on saving gas, No I.m not into the green power stuff, and buying a Hybrid. Staying Old skool is simple.THX again ... 49ers

Last edited by 49ers; 05-18-2005 at 08:10 PM.
Old 05-23-2005
Registered!!

Eclectic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by gearbox
Sun hypervoltage system (connects to battery)
fp60 fuel system additive from lubecontrol.com
better air/fuel tuning (apexi VAFCII)
thanks for the info! btw, how much would all that cost? (i'm assuming only the FP60 needs to be replenished right?)
Old 05-24-2005
Premium Member

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
HOla!
Old 09-11-2005
Registered!!

civic-king is an unknown quantity at this point
restrict the air intake.....less air=less fuel. don't forget that the civic (most cars) are computer controlled. sensors are everywhere. if the computer sences less air, it will cut the fuel down for emissions...better mpg, poor power....
Old 09-15-2005
Registered!!

Corsair is an unknown quantity at this point
To Everyone: Do NOT buy any kind of 'fuel saving' device. Last month's issue of Popular Mechanics did an article on several (all different types and brands) and NONE improved fuel economy or boosted hp. I can't find the article for the exact quote but the basic conclusion was that your engine already burns 99% of the fuel it uses. The other 1% is partially burned fuel that is broken down in the catalytic converter. Even if we could get it up to 100%, that would only give a 1% increase in fuel economy and hp. Not really worth it, if you ask me. The only way to improve fuel economy and hp is to change how the engine transfers the stored energy in the fuel into kinetic energy (the car moving). In other words, you're already getting 30-something MPG with your Civic instead of 3 MPG like with those huge SUVs.
Old 09-15-2005
Registered!!

civic-king is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Corsair
...The only way to improve fuel economy and hp is to change how the engine transfers the stored energy in the fuel into kinetic energy (the car moving). In other words, you're already getting 30-something MPG with your Civic instead of 3 MPG like with those huge SUVs.
yeah, i don't see how you could improve economy AND hp....you would have to be an engineer or somthing....but my method works for improving ecnomy and REDUCING hp. that's the sacerfice....