Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

Questions about this HID Kit and smoking taillights

Old 08-23-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damian02civic has a spectacular aura aboutdamian02civic has a spectacular aura aboutdamian02civic has a spectacular aura about
Wink Questions about this HID Kit and smoking taillights

I have a 2002 Civic EX coupe, stock exterior and I want to do some head light and tail light mods. So I'm gonna buy some VHT Nightshade to smoke my taillights, and I think I'm gonna buy this HID Blue kit from http://www.headlightarmor.com/index....5&SeriesID=356 and I was curious if it would be a good idea to buy that kit or just wait and buy projection headlights, and if I did get that kit how hard would it be to convert stock headlights with Hyper White(blue) 100W xenon halogen bulbs? If anyone has a previous post that dealt with the same or a similar kit and could repost the link I would greatly appriciate it.
Old 08-23-2007
Registered!!

damian02civic has a spectacular aura aboutdamian02civic has a spectacular aura aboutdamian02civic has a spectacular aura about
Re: Questions about this HID Kit and smoking taillights

I forgot to add I also would like to know if there is a DIY for applying the VHT Nightshade to the tail lights and spoiler light..
Old 08-25-2007
Registered!!

chawski will become famous soon enoughchawski will become famous soon enough

I was curious if it would be a good idea to buy that kit or just wait and buy projection headlights, and if I did get that kit how hard would it be to convert stock headlights with Hyper White(blue) 100W xenon halogen bulbs?
its impossible, mainly bc the product doesnt exist. its either halogen, or its xenon. those blue halogen bulbs that are advertized all day on ebay are NOT xenon. most of them are also not 100watt. they claim they draw the same amount of power as the stock 55 or whatever watt bulb, but give the output of a 85 or 100watt. unless there is some type of amplifier in the bulb (which there isnt), if it draws 55watt, you get 55watt. your stock bulbs are brighter than those blue coated bulbs.
Old 08-25-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by chawski
its impossible, mainly bc the product doesnt exist. its either halogen, or its xenon. those blue halogen bulbs that are advertized all day on ebay are NOT xenon. most of them are also not 100watt. they claim they draw the same amount of power as the stock 55 or whatever watt bulb, but give the output of a 85 or 100watt. unless there is some type of amplifier in the bulb (which there isnt), if it draws 55watt, you get 55watt. your stock bulbs are brighter than those blue coated bulbs.
What??????
What product doesn't exist?
And when did I say I got my Hyper white xenon bulbs from ebay?

I mainly was asking for opinions on the HID kit from headlightarmor.com and stated what current bulbs I have in the headlights now.

I don't mean to sound like a ***** or anything, but I just don't understand why you are talking about my bulbs
Old 08-25-2007
Registered!!

no im just telling you that halogen bulbs that are advirtized as "xenon" are bull. their either halogen or xenon, not both. sorry, didnt mean to come off as a *****.

as for the hid kit, i strongly recommend against it. civic reflectors are notorious for causing incredible amounts of blinding glare to oncoming traffic, as well as having horrible beam spread. if you wanna go the HID route, it would really be a good idea to do a projector retrofit.

also, if you plan on using 100watt bulbs, youre gonna need to make a wire harness drawing power from your battery via a relay from your stock h4 harness. you will fry the stock wires using that bulb

Last edited by chawski; 08-25-2007 at 08:31 PM.
Old 08-26-2007
Registered!!

Smile Re: Questions about this HID Kit and smoking taillights

Thanks for the advice

I was looking again at that kit and I am thinking that all it is a protective colored covering in "HID Blue". I like the look of the blue color on the headlight, is there another product that does the same sort of coloring on the headlights?
Old 08-26-2007
Registered!!

instead of going the kit route, get some d2r bulbs and some casper shields. both of which can be found on ebay all day. basically, the shield causes the light to only hit the top part of the reflector, directing the light down, and in turn cutting down pretty drastically on the glare.
Old 08-26-2007
Registered!!

Nice, I'll check into those 2 items. Thanks again.
Old 08-27-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by chawski
instead of going the kit route, get some d2r bulbs and some casper shields. both of which can be found on ebay all day. basically, the shield causes the light to only hit the top part of the reflector, directing the light down, and in turn cutting down pretty drastically on the glare.

So I looked on ebay and I found the D2R bulbs, but none specifically for a civic.. Also could not find the casper shields either. If you could send me a couple links to some I would be greatly appriciative.
Old 08-27-2007
Registered!!

all d2r bulbs are the same, size wise. you will not find any specifically for a civic (or for any car for that matter). i recommend just finding some used phillips or osram d2r in the 4100 to 4300k range, as they are the brightest. that is what all oem's use. as for the shields, do a search for h4 casper shield. again, there will not be any specifically for a civic.

here is a link for the shields. this seems to be the going price
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-S...spagenameZWD1V
basically the bulb just slips into this and it will use the stock clip on the headlight housing to keep the bulb in place.

as for the bulbs, just do a search for d2r bulb. they are everywhere on ebay.

good luck
Old 09-14-2007
Registered!!

Thought I'd just drop a quick reply and say I went against the HID kit in general and I got a set of projectors I'm gonna try and retrofit to my oem headlights and as far as the taillights and spoiler light, those are done. pics are on my myspace page.

Repped for the help chaw.
Old 09-15-2007
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by damian02civic
Thought I'd just drop a quick reply and say I went against the HID kit in general and I got a set of projectors I'm gonna try and retrofit to my oem headlights and as far as the taillights and spoiler light, those are done. pics are on my myspace page.

Repped for the help chaw.
what projectors you get? low beam or bi-xenon? if you haven't yet, i'd highly recommend buying another set of OEM headlights to do the retro on so you can still drive while you're doing it. my retro took 2 months.
Old 09-15-2007
Registered!!

I dunno yet, I just got them from Christian Calim on here. I think they are bi-xenon though. I've also went against the retro into my oem.. for the time being. I am just gonna try and wetsand all the crap of these lens' with 1500 and 2000 grit. *hopes for the best*
Old 09-17-2007
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

those are low beam....
its not same as what chawski is using but it is similar, low beam projector and high beam halogen...look at his hid retro on TYC projector with TSX..
you will be disappointed with the output...no matter what bulb you put in any ebay bulb or hid(xenon) bulb...i have seen it..