Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

Blue bulbs?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jasdip is a jewel in the roughJasdip is a jewel in the roughJasdip is a jewel in the roughJasdip is a jewel in the rough
Blue bulbs?

I'm looking for blue low beam and high beam bulbs, I don't want to install an HID kit but would like to know what I should look for and where I should look in order to find the bluest bulbs. My friend bought some bulbs off ebay 8500k krypton or somethin like that, but they turned out to look more white than blue. Is it possible for me to find any bulbs that will project blue light without an HID kit? Or what are the "bluest" bulbs I can get? (2005 civic si, non-hatchback) Thanks in advance.
Old 06-26-2006
PWIT
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
well, they should be more white, i got blue bulbs that are more white than blue, if you got a blue light comming out, you wont see ****. lol. even the ones that have a blue hue like mine cut my visablity down some. but it dont matter to much, if you went any more blue, you would only be able to see like 20 feet infront of you lol.
Old 06-26-2006
Registered!!

Kyle23 should not be trustedKyle23 should not be trusted
I think Cool Blue makes blueish bulbs.... I used to have some like 5 years ago and they would make the street signs blueish
Old 06-26-2006
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
Not to be an *** but you need to do some more searching as to what causes the blue colour, this is a pretty uneducated post. Here's an image of how it works, the manufacturers don't actually add any blueness to the high end bulbs, they just burn that way due to the laws of physics.

Kelvin Scale-Color temperature is a unit of measure for the color of light - it is not necessarily related to the heat of the light source. A higher color temperature represents a color closer to actual sunlight.
The Kelvin system of light measurement, based not on the freezing & boiling points of water, but upon the light that would be emitted by a "black body ", depending upon it's temperature.
Old 06-26-2006
Registered!!

se7engen_riDe is an unknown quantity at this point
i got the luminics ultra white bulbs. trust me they are pretty damn blue though. on the road i see blue light shining. and yes i makes the street signs blue too. but if you look at your car coming at you with the lights on at night time its white with a blueish tint to it. looks a lot like HID lights. but luminics do make pure blue light bulbs. just check out their website.

here is the link ---> http://www.luminicsbulbs.com/
Old 06-26-2006
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
If you buy a bulb made to output a blue light, cops will hassle you. You don't need that.
Old 06-26-2006
Creative Mind Extraodinare

Graphicdude will become famous soon enoughGraphicdude will become famous soon enough
check out PIAA's website. I beleive they have some blue tinted bulbs. I got the extreme white bulbs from there, Love them!
Old 06-26-2006
Registered!!

myinca will become famous soon enoughmyinca will become famous soon enough
http://www.eurodezigns.com/ bluest i have ever seen.(also have like red and yellow etc there)..also comes with lifetime warenty which is cool...but i suggest only doin the lows and aiming your highs down......i have them...when driving with street lights and some ambient light ur cool, but when there are no lights around, u cant see far at all. but makes everything ur looking at blue. not expensive either

ohh, also havent had problems with cops either..they are dot and s. something-or-other approved
Old 06-26-2006
Registered!!

se7engen_riDe is an unknown quantity at this point
cops dont hassle you just because you have blue light bulbs.

but you gotta keep in mind that stock bulbs are the brightest. the silverstars are really bright too but they are not blue.
Old 06-27-2006
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
Here's a DIY.

1. Take out your stock bulbs.
2. Spray paint them blue.
3. Let dry over night.
4. Install them back onto the car.
5. Turn on and check color.
6. Repeat steps 1 through 5 for desired shade of blue.

Presto!!! You got yourself the bluest bulbs you could ever want.
It doesn't seem like visibility is of any importantance to you so this DIY is perfect.

Just kidding =)

Automobile lightbulb color laws vary from state to state (not to mention country to country) so don't believe what we tell you about what colors are legal.

Anything that has a coating or tint to a bulb cuts down on the bulbs ability to put out light onto the road.
No one gets their windows tinted because they want more sunshine do they?
Old 06-28-2006
Registered!!

depotcivic has a spectacular aura aboutdepotcivic has a spectacular aura aboutdepotcivic has a spectacular aura about
nokia 10000k gave a blue output, but they burned out on me in less than a month. Oh well, that was a good $30 use.

Dont go blue, when I had blue lights and it was raining.....you minus well be driving with fog on your windows. Low visibiiltiy
Old 06-28-2006
Registered!!

stephenb80 is an unknown quantity at this point
http://www.autodynamic.com/detail.as...lor-Bulb-Cover

you can use these with the stock bulbs, but be advised you will not have any light on the road. most of the halogen spectrum is in the warmer color band.
Old 07-02-2006
Registered!!

mikem317 should not be trusted
They're illegal in this state. Permitted only for off-road use here.
Old 07-06-2006
Registered!!

seelsy is an unknown quantity at this point
i have the eurolight xenon fusion bulbs, when the lights are off on a sunny day you can see the headlight housing reflecting the blue of the bulb, my buddie said that driving against it they look like the cadilac blue lights i guess caddy's have hid's but ya, thats the bluest i've gotten so far.
Old 07-07-2006
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
off topic here but seelsy, the chick is your avatar is hotttt.
Old 07-10-2006
Registered!!

seelsy is an unknown quantity at this point
thanx bud, shes my girl.
Old 07-13-2006
Registered!!

gmag21 will become famous soon enoughgmag21 will become famous soon enough
i bought some cool blue lights and they worked fine. they wernt as blue as i thought but they get the job done
Old 07-18-2006
Registered!!

d0ughbOy81 is an unknown quantity at this point
but if u get blue bulbs thay fog up ur headlights is this tru
Old 07-19-2006
Registered!!

myinca will become famous soon enoughmyinca will become famous soon enough
^^^ no
Old 07-19-2006
Registered!!

d0ughbOy81 is an unknown quantity at this point
mine are foged up on the inside i wonder if that stuff still works with out opening the headlights
Old 07-21-2006
Registered!!

82801BA is an unknown quantity at this point
Remove the bulb cover and turn on the headlight. It should heat up the inside and the vapor should be gone. But it will come back again later....
Old 07-24-2006
Crack kills... But then again... So do I...

notoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the rough
1. As stated headlight colors varry from state to state. Most states require a white output headlight. Anything else is concidered an infringement, including:yellow, violet, and blue. If you are concerned with the police giving you a hard time, and yes most police officers will pick on people with mods, I'd highly recommend checking with your local and state law inforcement or traffic codes to varify that blue is allowed.

2. Any color headlight will produce fogged lights if there is moisture locked in the headlight housing. If you cleared your own headlights or have aftermarket headlights, I'd strongly recommend that you add some clear silicone sealant around the housing to prevent any water leaks.

3. You can also check pep boys. Most locations have their own little "Ricer" aisle. This includes Japanese Import blue headlights. Once again, see answer 1. before purchase.

As mentioned, changing the headlight color does cut down visibility drastically. You really need to weigh out which is more important to you having blue lights or being able to see at night.
Old 07-28-2006
Registered!!

Jasdip is a jewel in the roughJasdip is a jewel in the roughJasdip is a jewel in the roughJasdip is a jewel in the rough
Luminics Pure Blue

Thanks a lot for all the information guys...after reading all the posts and doing some research, I figure that the Luminics Pure Blue bulbs will give me really blue light, and I am about to purchase those from luminicsbulbs.com...It's going to cost me about $36.95 including shipping for each set (but i'm only getting low beam for now). Are there any objections?

Thankss