Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

Had my HID's for a year now, but they're still different colors.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PNOiZE is a name known to allPNOiZE is a name known to allPNOiZE is a name known to allPNOiZE is a name known to allPNOiZE is a name known to allPNOiZE is a name known to allPNOiZE is a name known to all
Had my HID's for a year now, but they're still different colors.

I posted a topic a while back (6 months ago) about my bulbs outputting different colors. My passenger side is more of a blue/white and my drivers side is more of a purple/white.

When I first got my XTEC H4 4500K kit, both bulbs matched fine. I noticed the difference maybe 3-4 months after they were installed.

It still looks great on the ground, but from afar, you can tell they are completely different colors.

My car is a daily driver and I turn my headlights on on dark rainy days so I believe the color-shifting process has to be complete.

Any suggestions?
Old 03-14-2006
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
You're going to have to replace the bulbs.

Possibly the bulbs were mishandled during install, but I doubt it would have caused the problem.
Old 03-14-2006
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
What kind of bulbs are they? It might be because there cheap bulbs. Or xtec hacked oem bulbs that are different age. Your driver bulb might be older then your passenager bulbs. OEM bulbs start yellow white then shift to blue then shift to purple.
Old 03-14-2006
TAQUITOS!!!!

gh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the rough
as temjin said, i call age of the bulbs. i'm sure they're just colorshifting. i've been asking vendors if hid kit bulb connections are universal...no one seems to know. if the connections to the ballast are the same as another kit, you can find bulbs relatively easy. or just google it. i've found some replacement bulbs...kind of pricey though.
Old 03-14-2006
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
Most HID kits use a universal connection called an AMP connection but its basically just a negative and positive wire so anything will work.
Old 03-14-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
yup one of them is older than the other.
Old 03-15-2006
Premium Member

PNOiZE is a name known to allPNOiZE is a name known to allPNOiZE is a name known to allPNOiZE is a name known to allPNOiZE is a name known to allPNOiZE is a name known to allPNOiZE is a name known to all
Thanks for the input guys.

I tried searching, but I couldn't find any reputable people selling XTEC bulbs. I Googled it, but I couldn't find any vendors selling just the bulbs. I want to stick with XTEC because the glare shield at the bottom of the bulb makes a huge difference.

I'll be posting the the For Sale / Trade forums, but if any of you guys know off hand where I can buy some replacement bulbs, that would be great!
Old 03-15-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
well thats just a casper shield you can buy anywhere. its not a feature of the xtec kit.