Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

For all of you that have installed HID lense into TYC..

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
82801BA is an unknown quantity at this point
For all of you that have installed HID lense into TYC..

May I know which projector lense you used? I remember there was a thread that had pictures in it but I had no luck on searching this, or the pictures were even lost(?). I was also told that Valeo is the best one to fit into TYC. After searching, there look like many model of Valeo(? again), such as A4 Valeo, S4 Valeo, etc. If Valeo is the best one to fit into there, from what car the projector should be get from?

Thanks for reply.
Old 02-06-2006
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
they're all the same. you have to watch out for the differences in codes/letters that come after "valeo." for example, valeo d2s ECE (euro code) would be the best valeos out there as far as light output is concerned. valeo d2s DOT is made for the USA, hence the DOT (dept of transportation). then there are valeo h7 ece and dot. these were made for h7 halogen bulbs, but can be used for HIDs if you purchase a proper adapter.

if you can get your hands on a d2s ece and d2s dot valeo projector, you can put the dot shield into the ece projector and you will have the best light output with a legal (and colorful) cutoff.

there was a member who put tsx projector into his tyc headlights, but it took a lot of carving.
Old 02-06-2006
Registered!!

So Valeo ECE+DOT cutoff is still the best way to do it right? How hard is it to get it in there?
Old 02-06-2006
TAQUITOS!!!!

gh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the rough
i have ece shields lying around.
Old 02-06-2006
Registered!!

But I don't have ECE projectors and have no clue on where to find it.....
Old 02-06-2006

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
ebay, hidplanet, europe...lol
Old 02-06-2006
Registered!!

Damn......HIDplanet is fking expensive...BTW, do I need a shroud in there?
Old 02-06-2006

if you're using tyc headlights, no.
Old 02-06-2006
Registered!!

infinite, do you have any instruction for me? I have never done something like that though....
Old 02-06-2006

http://retrofit1.dirtysamurai.com/
Old 02-06-2006
Registered!!

It's very nice, and not a damn hard job to work on. Thanks man. I hope I could get an ECE with DOT adapter for that....
Old 03-04-2006
Registered!!

Infinite012, is that wiring harness allows me to use both hi and low beam at the same time? If not, what is the reason for that harness?
Old 03-05-2006

yes, it allows the low beams to stay on while you flash your high beams. this way you don't blow up your d2s bulbs prematurely. you'll have to create/search for a schematic yourself because mine (initially) didn't work. i have a working harness now, but i paid Ocelaris to make it for me.
Old 03-05-2006
Registered!!

I've been thinking about it for a while already. Where can I find the headlight switch line? I don't think I want to get the wire to pass the firewall....
Old 03-05-2006

headlight switch line? what is that? you just get an h4 connector and build your harness off of that, drawing power from the battery, and using a relay.
Old 03-05-2006
Registered!!

H4 switch? I think that's the one TYC comes with it, right? If so, the step is very simple then.....
Old 03-06-2006
TAQUITOS!!!!

gh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the rough
there's a wiring diagram on hidplanet...i also paid ocelaris as i'm not gonna go out and risk my hack job causing a fire in my engine

doesn't look tooooo hard.
Old 03-06-2006

Originally Posted by gh0st
there's a wiring diagram on hidplanet...i also paid ocelaris as i'm not gonna go out and risk my hack job causing a fire in my engine

doesn't look tooooo hard.
Ocelaris' work is top notch. i met him in person to get the harness and that guy knows wtf he's talking about. also a very cool guy to know

btw, he's a member of this site. i don't think he checks too often now, though.
Old 03-06-2006
Registered!!

Is he actually using that name to come to this site? May be I can PM him and ask for his advise...I am an EIT and needs some experience on how to make things work anyway...
Old 03-06-2006

yes that is his user name on here.
Old 03-06-2006
Registered!!

Infinite012, the hex nut size is M5, not #6 nor M6....I tried but M6 is too big and #6 doesn't make sense....
Old 03-06-2006

Metric size "6" worked for me as you can see in the pictures. It's not an optical illusion or anything. If M5 worked for you, then that's good. Maybe there are variations of coupe headlights that I don't know of.
Old 03-06-2006
Registered!!

TYC should be one size for either coupe/sedan right?
Old 03-06-2006

TYC headlights use a phillips head screw driver. you have to take the headlights off to adjust the beam.
Old 03-12-2006
Registered!!

Infinite012,

Finally I have my light set up completely with high beam. I did an easy way to route the high beam so that I don't need to run relays and wires. The low been is still on when I engage high beam. The only problem is that, if during the daytime I pull the stick the low beam will come on. But if I push the stick without turning on the lights the high beam itself will come on. I think that's good enough for an easy wiring.

Now it's the beam thing rotation thing. When I block driver's headlight, I can the the pass's headlight is completely horizontal on the left side of the cutoff(where horizontal and diagonal line meet). But the right side of that I have an angled cutoff. Is that normal? On your picture it looks like that also. I am just wondering.

BTW, how come my beam is more yellow than your's? Your's look very white and blue, mine is very yellow except at the cutoff. Is there anything wrong? I have Philips 85122 also, in Audi A4 D2S projector....
Old 03-12-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
yellow? that doesn't sound right. i noticed on my tyc one cutoff was lower (passenger side) is THAT normal? but they were both pretty sharp and straight overall. You really need a pure white surface or you wont get it even.
Old 03-12-2006
Registered!!

Yellow....Or may be I can't distinguish yellow and white? Or what? The bulb too new? May be, I have no idea....
Old 03-12-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
um all oem hid should be 4100-4300k which is pure white. no trace of yellow. how does your cutoff look, like this? or crooked. and do you have color at the cutoff?

here is what 4300k looks like, and yellow fogs.well they kinda look bluish but in real life it is a sharp white.

Last edited by gearbox; 03-12-2006 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-12-2006
Registered!!

I have a blue/purple cutoff. I have taken picture using digtal camera using both "automatic" and "day light" white balance and they are completely different. The so called "automatic" is more like a tungsten white balance and is more blue, even under regular home light bulb. The "day light" mode gives me a color that represents the real color better. I have both to compare with...

White balance:
Automatic/Tungsten: White, more toward blue. The outer (more toward the edge of lights on the side) is completely blue.
Day Light: White, more toward yellow. The whole output remains same color. The top cutoff is blue/purple.

I hope I can have these pictures uploaded so we all can see. I am now thinking how many times ppl stays "I have a bluer output" is actually the camera effect (white balancing effect) which most digital camera has. The picture comes out much bluer than it is in reality....

Gearbox....
I looked up Kalvin color temperature index and pure white is 5500K. 4100-4300K is still pretty yellow....

Last edited by 82801BA; 03-12-2006 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-12-2006
Premium Member

just post the pics. that chart is wrong. stock halogens are around 3200k, pure white hid is 4300k, and by 5500k you're gonna have a blue tinted white light.

this is a bit better

http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...tt=16&ei=UTF-8

Quick Reply: For all of you that have installed HID lense into TYC..