Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

How to get lights under the front seats

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ViroHound is an unknown quantity at this point
How to get lights under the front seats

I'm trying to find out how to put in lights under my front seats, both driver and passenger seats, where the foot wells are, and if possible, also right under the back seats. I'm not sure which kind of lights to get, i.e. LED's, neons, etc.... since i've heard both ups and downs about many. If someone could throw me some suggestions of what to use and how to install it, appreciate it. I've got a 01 civic LX.
Old 09-08-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
depends on what you want. big glow neons, directed spots led, ambient dim EL, etc. Just wire em to the 12v socket plug positive and negative and they'll come on when the ignition is on. Or you can throw in a switch on the positive wire and control them that way.
Old 09-23-2005
Registered!!

ViroHound is an unknown quantity at this point
Um, do you have a link to site that sells those? i'm not sure which ones to buy, whichever you recommend i'll get.
Old 09-23-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to behold
You can get them just about anywhere. Ebay comes to mind as a cheap place to buy some.

Just about any other caraccessory store online should have neons, too. Search around yourself. Heck, you could type in "Neons.com" I bet and get stores. Google it.

And good luck
Old 09-23-2005
Crack kills... But then again... So do I...

notoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the rough
It's not that hard at all. In fact, if you wanted to you could just go out and buy the neons that plug into your cig lighter, cut off the plug, attach the positive line to an inline fuse using the exact same fuse that's in the plug, and as stated above, depending how you want yours to turn on, either to a constant power such as the cig or if you want it on only at night, connect it to the headlights, or like I did, I cut a hole in my center consol in the little pocket and mounted a switch there. Then just attach the ground line to any metal point on the chassis. It's not hard at all...
Old 09-26-2005
Boost is so good make you wanna slap ya mamma

red_sun is on a distinguished road
Here are some pics of my car when i had blue neons and now with red led's (pics of neons and leds). So you can compair what they look like. I did the led's myself and it wasnt that hard to do but as you can tell with the leds they are more direct spots of light and you have to wire alot of them (I wired 26 in total). I installed the leds on a red switch which you can see in one of the pics.

The leds only cost me $30 total including buying a soldering iron and 20 and 22 gauge wire.
The neons cost like $40.

if you want more specific details on how i did the leds or neons just ask me.
I bought the leds from here