Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

projector headlights

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005
Crayons taste like purple...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
Question projector headlights

I've looked at getting the projector headlights and I've been wondering: seeing as they have more openings in them does that mean new bulbs?
as in some have 4 holes so does that mean hi..low..parking..turn?
cuz the 01's use dual beam 9003...and that means new kind of wiring would be needed...
Old 09-06-2005
Registered!!

wheamahm0n3yat is an unknown quantity at this point
the projectors has the angel eye as low beam and the other one high beam. well... depends which projector your looking at. the parking and turning signal also. oh yeah they have different bulb for the high and low beam. if its the tyc than all the bulbs are different but the parking light i believe.
Old 09-06-2005

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
does that mean buing new lights and wireing and harnesses?
Old 09-06-2005
I spend way too much time on this website

LowSky is an unknown quantity at this point
the tyc are as plug and play as you can get.. the ebay ones i'm not so sure about
Old 09-06-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Shroomster
does that mean buing new lights and wireing and harnesses?

nope.... if you buy the tyc ones, its just plug your factory into them. they have slots to where its like factory and you just clip them on. on the other hand, if its the other kind of projecter, you can use your factory bulbs
(signal and parking). but not a perfect fitment. might have to use some electrical tape and tape around the bulb so they can hold still instead of being loose and dangling around.
Old 09-06-2005
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
Originally Posted by LowSky
the tyc are as plug and play as you can get.. the ebay ones i'm not so sure about
Even most e-bay ones have a harnes included!
Most all use H-1 bulbs for hi and low beams, the park/turn bulbs usually need an adapter if you have a coupe!
Old 09-06-2005
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

Ashhole will become famous soon enoughAshhole will become famous soon enough
the ones i got i only had to move the parking lights and blinkers from the original light housing. The projectors came with high and low beam bulbs
Old 09-06-2005

Originally Posted by pon55
Even most e-bay ones have a harnes included!
Most all use H-1 bulbs for hi and low beams, the park/turn bulbs usually need an adapter if you have a coupe!

this why I'm kinda confused everyone is talking about H-1 lights....Am I the only one that has 9003 dual beams? do the H-1's take the place of 9003's? do they have the same design so that they fit in the O.E.M slip and housing?
Old 09-06-2005
Registered!!

this why I'm kinda confused everyone is talking about H-1 lights....Am I the only one that has 9003 dual beams? do the H-1's take the place of 9003's? do they have the same design so that they fit in the O.E.M slip and housing?

the h1 replace the 9003. the projectors will have a seperate plug that you plus your factory harness into.
Old 09-06-2005
Registered!!

i meant plug instead of plus.
Old 09-06-2005

Originally Posted by wheamahm0n3yat
the h1 replace the 9003. the projectors will have a seperate plug that you plus your factory harness into.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh now it makes sense
Old 09-07-2005
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
moved to the Lighting forum
Old 09-24-2005
Registered!!

eziey is an unknown quantity at this point
i have twin halo angel eye projectors on my civic, if you get prjectors, they should come with the light already in them , all you have do is plug in the stock harness into the one on the back of your lights , it should come with one that fits to it. and , if they dont send you the parkin lights , put your stock ones in there and your done , then put your car back together
Old 09-24-2005
Registered!!

AggressiveAdam will become famous soon enoughAggressiveAdam will become famous soon enough
I've looked at getting the projector headlights and I've been wondering: seeing as they have more openings in them does that mean new bulbs?
as in some have 4 holes so does that mean hi..low..parking..turn?
cuz the 01's use dual beam 9003...and that means new kind of wiring would be needed...
if your considering getting projectors budget about $1000 for a proper HID retro fit, otherwise when you get these projectors, they will look cosmetically nicer, but the light output on most if not all projectors not equiped with HID, is lacking at best.

In any case OEM are far brighter then these projectors, unless they have HID's.
Old 09-25-2005
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

ill agree that overall brightness is less than stock housings, but the area the lit up by the headlights increased
Old 11-03-2005
Registered!!

civicstylez is an unknown quantity at this point
ive heard getting projectors isnt a good idea supoosely they leak and melt and the led goes out fast..... i was thinking of gettin them any suggs?
Old 11-03-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

shmik1 has disabled reputation
bright isnt the term, they dont light up as much side to side, mine made a W pattern, leaving a "blind spot" on each side.. they are terrible..

DONT.
Old 11-03-2005
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

well mine lit up more on the sides. of course i think they are also aimed outward a little more. but no, they arent as bright. overall i am satisfied with mine for what i paid.
Old 11-04-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by civicstylez
ive heard getting projectors isnt a good idea supoosely they leak and melt and the led goes out fast..... i was thinking of gettin them any suggs?
that's only if you get projector headlights with halos. the projectors used in aftermarket projector headlights are crap. don't buy it unless you plan on using your car ONLY in the day time, or if you're into car shows. if you want to drive at night, be prepared to crave HID retrofit.