Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

Replacing Headlight Bulb in '05 Civic

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amer786 is an unknown quantity at this point
Replacing Headlight Bulb in '05 Civic

How do I do this... is it as simple as just pulling out the old one like on the '02s or is therem ore to it. I took a peak at the headlight, but was afraid to pull on the bulb (the plastic part) for fear of messing something up. Please bear with me and expain how to do this.

Thanks,
Old 08-31-2005
Registered!!

crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough
its pretty easy to do but would b really easy and less stressful to just take off the bumper and take off the headlight. but if u want to leave it on just unscrew the 3 screws holding the bulbs in and just turn and pull the bulb out. then u just pull the bulb out of the socket.the hard part will b gettin to the 3 screws w/o having some kind of L shaped tool.
Old 09-01-2005

Ahhh so I do have to take the three screws off. I thought those were just holding the bulb assembly in and all i would have to do is pull the bulb out from the plastic part...luckily I do have an L shaped screwdriver...why the hell did honda make this so complicated....
Old 09-01-2005
Registered!!

noVICe is an unknown quantity at this point
wait a second there... all you're doing is changing the bulb. there is no reason why there should be any unscrewing or removing of bumpers. for the passenger side, simply lossen the battery tie bar to move the battery for access to the bulb and for the driver side just move the one resovour (sp?). honda did not make bulb changing complicated. just take the bulb and twist the bulb harness to unlock it and pull it out.
Old 09-01-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
look in the owners manual.
Old 09-01-2005

Originally Posted by vtecinEX7
wait a second there... all you're doing is changing the bulb. there is no reason why there should be any unscrewing or removing of bumpers. for the passenger side, simply lossen the battery tie bar to move the battery for access to the bulb and for the driver side just move the one resovour (sp?). honda did not make bulb changing complicated. just take the bulb and twist the bulb harness to unlock it and pull it out.

So I DO NOT need to unscew the three screws that seem to be holding the bulb in ?? No unscrewing required, just pull out the bulb????
Old 09-01-2005
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
you have to unplug the bulb and then it twists to the side and comes out, I believe the 2002 with the H4 bulb had like a clip on it or something is that right? It is a pain in the *** to do (especially the driver side) but it can be done without tkaing the bumper off and headlight out (probably would tkae a LOT more time to do that)
Old 09-01-2005
Registered!!

JCiv03 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by gearbox
look in the owners manual.
EXACTLY! There's a DIY in there...
Old 09-01-2005
Diamond Member

Boggie1688 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yea don't pull it straight out. Twist it then it will unlock and pull it straight out.
Old 09-01-2005
Registered!!

crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough
u are still gonna need to loosen up or unscrew the 3 screws holding the bulbs in.
Old 09-01-2005
Banned

MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
no yo wont
Old 09-01-2005

just read the manual, it does not say anything about the three screws, only that you need to turn counter clockwise, now it this counter clock-wise if I am facing my car or is it from the point of view look at the back of the headligh assembly
Old 09-01-2005
Banned

counter clockwise looking from the back
Old 09-02-2005
Diamond Member

Boggie1688 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yea agreed don't need to loosen screw. I've done it before while baking my headlights. Just twist...like a bottle....
Old 09-02-2005
Registered!!

while we are still in the subject of replacing bulbs(sorry to kind of thread jack) but has anyone tried switching from the 9006-9005 on our 04-05 vics? see any improvements?
Old 09-02-2005
Banned

yeah I put silverstars in and I am in looooooooooooooooooove with them. I can see really good at night now and I love the look and color of the light that it puts out. I don't know what they are like compared to stock, but I had some ricer bulbs in there before and the silverstars kick their *** in every aspect.
Old 09-02-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by crazyasian
while we are still in the subject of replacing bulbs(sorry to kind of thread jack) but has anyone tried switching from the 9006-9005 on our 04-05 vics? see any improvements?
changing bulb type won't help, dude. just get projector retrofit. you know you want it
Old 09-02-2005
Banned

Originally Posted by infinite012
changing bulb type won't help, dude. just get projector retrofit. you know you want it
you are such a bad influence
Old 09-02-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MegaHurtz
you are such a bad influence