Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

Illumination lights do'nt work

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cj2185 is an unknown quantity at this point
Illumination lights do'nt work

I was wondering why my illumination lights do not work. I installed a kenwood cd player and all of a sudden my illumination lights don't work. My rear lights don't work, but the break lights work. the turning signal don't work and the little light, but the headlight works. the turning signal will work when im turning.
I went to the dealership and got the the exterior lights to work, it was just a fuse dope! The illumination lights still didnt work. The dealership said the cluster was busted. What i dont get is why doesnt the other illumination lights work if its just the cluster.
Help me please! Thank You!
Old 06-20-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
dealership warranty. if that thing voided your warranty put the old one back it and see if all your lights come back on. if not, then put stock back in and go get it fixed. good luck
Old 06-20-2005
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re-check your install and see what wire you tied into for illumination.

All of those lights that are out now are controlled by the **** to adjust the dash illumination brightness level, It is possible it could be damaged.

As mentioned try the stock radio back in to see if they return. Hopefully you left the factory harness in place.