HID Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02CivicDX is an unknown quantity at this point
HID Kit

Need some info.
Do the hid kits connect directly to the stock headlights with out any modification? (H4)
I also have a set of projectors in put in the car during the summer months. Is the H1 hid kts connect the same way? These are my H1 projectors http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33710

Also the kits that can be bought off ebay...are they worth it? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=36476

Any info or links to web sites would be greatly appreciated.

Alittle new to this lighting stuff...so plz dont tell me to do the search....i tried and cant really understand it all.

TIA

Steve
Old 05-04-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
kits can/will connect directly to our stock wiring, but it's never recommended that you do it that way. the problem with HID is that it draws SO much power in the initial startup that it can cause premature failure and even instantaneous failure of your headlight combination switch.

the projectors, as stated in the pictures, are not HID ready.

however, you can install an H1 kit with minor modification to the bulb holder on the projector. you can search for this one (tyc hid modify)

kits from ebay are definitely not worth whatever price it is being offered at. if you really want to get HID then buy OEMs equipment and "retrofit" them into your OE headlights.

what i recommend for those lazy enough to stick in a kit is to buy the following (H4 application only):

Philips or Osram D2S burners (aka HID Bulbs, rated at 4100-4300k)
Casper electronics H4 adapter/shield
Hella/matsushita/mitsubishi/bosch/valeo/any OE ballast and ignitor
Wiring harness

that will cost you all of maybe $330 and when it comes time to get new bulbs, you only spend $75 on a pair of OE bulbs (can be purchased through any dealership, also, but it will cost much more), rather than spending $100-300 on any aftermarket bulb that will work with a kit.
Old 05-07-2005
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
Hella doesnt make aftermarket HID kits

Ebay = scams
Old 05-07-2005
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,156 Likes on 806 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
drilling the H1 hole is a bitch, but very do-able..

i was told to do it with a file so you can control where all the metal flakes go... or you can say *** it and use a power drill.. then open 'em up later and wipe it all up..
Old 05-07-2005
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
Well, the new kit that I sell doesnt involve any drilling or filing fits in perfectley