Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

harness

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
auratika is an unknown quantity at this point
harness

basically, long story short.. i got these bulbs from ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33710

now the problem:
they burnt out so i replaced them with the stock ones, but after i installed the driver side (left) one i realize that the right harness was a little burnt. i tried to plug the stock bulbs in and it doesnt light, the one on the left lights up fine. i checked the fuses which are those 20A ones on the right side looking down into the fuse box and they are fine. i even swithched the left and right headlight fuses and still the same thing. so now i'm thinking even though the harnest is a little burnt wouldnt metal still be making contact even if its a little charred? i checked the bulb as well and both bulbs work. where would i go to get this fixed asap and how...

Last edited by auratika; 04-07-2005 at 08:16 PM.
Old 04-07-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
you MELTED the freakin harness, gl00b. that's what you did. when you MELT a wire, it's dead. your wires aren't touching anything and shorting, they're touching NOTHING and that's the problem.

i would suggest make your own harness right now that plugs into the working plug, pulling power directly from the battery. your first mistake was buying ricer bulbs. make the right choice and make a harness.
Old 04-07-2005
Registered!!

so you're saying to splice the ground from the working harness and connect the live one directly onto the battery, theres gotta be a better way for fixing this, if i could get a harness kit from pepboys and replace them, will that work, i dont know how far down the wires are burnt, the only apparent one is where the white clip is.

BTW: i thought those bulbs were 55watts so i figured it wasnt drawing more power.

Last edited by auratika; 04-07-2005 at 07:41 PM.
Old 04-08-2005
Registered!!

bump?
Old 04-08-2005
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
What year ?? I have some wiring info if that will help. Do you have a meter or test lamp??
Old 04-08-2005
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
haha, you bought "fake" mtec bulbs...

thats what you get...

If you want the real mtecs, let me know
Old 04-08-2005
Ultimate Member

teampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant future
pwned for being a dumbass ricer...

lemme guess, bought them because they were "JDM" yo?
Old 04-08-2005
Registered!!

hey at lease they look better than the stock ones...

and yes of course i brought them because they were JDM yo
/sarcasm

now i got a problem and u not helping teamPOINTLESS unless you got some money to spare me for some HIDs? i think not

now i got the wire harness for 9006 bulbs from a auto store, would i just connect the new socket onto the old wires. the thing that worries me now is hopefully, only the socket burnt, and hopefully not somewhere deep along the wires where i cant get to.

once i get this fixed, i'm just gonna get some silverstars from sylvania. i'm just confused why the ones i got melted my harness even though it was 55w, not some high wattage, unless it was poor quality that was to blame.

Last edited by auratika; 04-08-2005 at 08:38 PM.
Old 04-09-2005
Registered!!

born2xLr8 will become famous soon enough
Jeez, you guys are mean...the guy is just trying to get some help.
good luck man