Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

plug burnt OUTTTT

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nycolombiany is an unknown quantity at this point
plug burnt OUTTTT

hey guys i had some cheap bulbs..that made it look blue. So after a few weeks the bulbs finally burnt out when i went to take them out to exchange. they were melted onto my plug.......so my whole plug was melted....so i had to take apart the plug and right now i have the three connections connected to my bulb without the plastic plug. Do i have to get another plug because i dont get enough light out of that bulb without the plug. i used the word plug a lotttt of times......Could it be the bulbs i got now require to much energy......but that doesnt explain why one is bright other is not. They are Nokya Artic Purple 8700k H4 thanks for the help.......By the way how much do i pay for a plug at the dealer?????
Old 03-22-2005
TAQUITOS!!!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the rough
what wattage did you get? maybe you got a bad bulb
Old 03-22-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
well your problem is that you bought ricer bulbs. next time do some research and you'll learn that higher K doesn't mean more light output. it just means more problems.
Old 03-22-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
you prolly bought hi wattage bulbs and messed up your electrical system. Good luck. I doubt a new plug will help if the wires are melted from the extra current.
Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

I dont get as much lighting as i do from the right side headlight.......I changed the bulbs and its gotta be the plug. I got one of those cheap immitation bulbs then after that burnt out i Got Piaa and nokyas. But after it was burnt out the plug just kept on melting.. How much will the whole plug cost me along with the wires which i think i need right???? Also the wires on the plug look normal not burnt or anything????Thanks for the help guys
Old 03-23-2005
TAQUITOS!!!!

gh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the rough
are you buying 55/60W bulbs?
Old 03-24-2005
Registered!!

I dunno im buyin these nokya yellow lights their suppose to be low wattage.....But do you guys think i need to buy the plug and the whole wires????and how much will it cost me???? i guess i need the whole harness right???sorry for so many questions thanks guys..........
Old 03-24-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Replace the plug first to see if it fixes it. Otherwise, your wiring is fried and that will be very expensive to fix. I have yellow nokyas and they're stock wattage.
Old 03-24-2005
TURTLEonK

Nameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the rough
Yeah you probably damaged your harness/plug when it melted.. Like gearbox said, try replacing the plugs first because although the wiring looks find.. the plug itself might be internally damaged.

Oh ya, try some other bulbs cuz those ones probably run at a way higher than stock wattage..

What year is your civic by the way? Might want to get Honda to check out ur wiring harnesses cuz I remember reading that some might have a recall which was about the harnesses melting.
Old 03-24-2005
Registered!!

i got a 2001 civic ex 2 dr M/T .........Well im going to try the yellow nokyas maybe they dont need that high of a wattage to run.... because the nokyas purple i got are both runnin but the side that the plug is already missing lights a little dimmer.
Nokyas Purple ( the ones i got on now)
Bulb Type: H4
Wattage (draw): 55/65
Wattage (output): 80/100
Color: Arctic Purple
Color Temp: 8500K

Nokyas yellow ( the ones im going to get)
Bulb Type: H4
Wattage (draw): 70/80
Wattage (output): 70/80
Color: Hyper Yellow
Color Temp: 2500K

So it might light regular becuase not that much wattage output right???
how much will the plug run me??????
Old 03-24-2005
Premium Member

Um the stock wattage is 55/60. If you get higher, like the nokyas, it will melt the wires.
Old 03-24-2005
Registered!!

hey guys i got the yellow light bulbs by nokya.....they look tight...one of them is a little bit dimmer. But you cant tell difference unless u turn high beams on....So thanks for the help guys.i guess ill just get the plug.
Old 03-24-2005
Premium Member

cool i got those nokya in my fogs. Just see what happens with the new plug.
Old 03-24-2005
Registered!!

wonderz is on a distinguished road
.... how do ppl fried their plugs or wire so easily... i was running 100w low beam for 2 years before my hid and everything is still fine...
Old 03-24-2005
Premium Member

Interesting, because others have had their entire wire harness melted and cost tons of $$ to fix.
Old 03-26-2005
Registered!!

I didnt get the plug im just running the wires to the bulb.wit electric tape..... i seem to be gettin just a tad less power....But barely noticeable.........i like the yellow nokyas but the visibility is horrible. How much Hids will run for 2001 civic????
Old 03-26-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
well, if you searched you could probably find your answer in less than 5 minutes

but since i'm such a nice guy, look at the retail section (for sale/trade) and you will find the XTEC/Prolumen HID sale.