Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

What a difference!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JayFReaZy will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up What a difference!!!

Well, I had h1 4,500k HID's in my halo projectors, and as you all know, was not really all that good. So here are some "before" pics

before

and now, here are the after pics of 5000k in my OEM housing. Thanks to impulse for helping me get new bulbs, he took care of his customer . Thanks again bro!

lighting up the block, at least 50yards away

im soooo happy with the turn out. I think i just gotta adjust the headlights and point'em a lil more towards the ground. Besides that, im luvin it, well worth it .
Old 11-25-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
wow much better
Old 11-26-2004
Premium Member

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
looks great man
Old 11-26-2004
Registered!!

Ershall is an unknown quantity at this point
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
Old 11-26-2004
Premium Member

jeffsta17 is an unknown quantity at this point
DAMN! I have 6000k in my Projectors and they aint anywhere near that bright...im so jealous!!
Old 11-26-2004
Registered!!

01civicdriver is an unknown quantity at this point
those r so nice. can u get the bulbs at like orielys or autozone cuz i got the ones that they sell at my local honda dealer and they r only good when its pitch black and i want a better bulb.
Old 11-26-2004
Second Place is the First Loser

Hefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the rough
thats a lot of glare...
Old 11-26-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 01civicdriver
those r so nice. can u get the bulbs at like orielys or autozone cuz i got the ones that they sell at my local honda dealer and they r only good when its pitch black and i want a better bulb.
last time i checked, autozone doesnt sell hids , lol. I dont have regular bulbs these are HID's thats why they're so bright. If you want some HIDs talk to impulse thats where i got my kit from . Probably be a lil over $300. Anyway, thanks for the comments yall, here are some day shots

Old 11-27-2004
Registered!!

Asteroid is an unknown quantity at this point
Different indeed, I got those projectors myself it's already different from stock headlights, thus a tad brighter. With "HIV"s it will look even better...
Old 11-30-2004
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Very nice!!! Dam it!! I told u those projectors were crap lol........ Nice job!!!
Old 12-04-2004
98% of people will die in their lifetime

EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
dont mean to thread hijack but since finding a cutoff point in the oem housing is pretty hard, how should i adjust them? should i just try to find a "happy middle" where it lights up the road and not to much into on coming traffics face's? cuz i thought i read somewhere that getting them aimed correctly is near impossible without a HID housing.
Old 12-04-2004
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Ya happy middle. Park on a level surface and continue walking away from the car to see what the headlights look like to other drivers. If you can look at them and not see alot of glare, they should be good.
Old 12-05-2004
Registered!!

Asteroid is an unknown quantity at this point
I am going to be getting an HID kit installed and I have the same projectors, will I have the same kind of glare or it's a matter of aiming? Thanks.
Old 12-05-2004
Premium Member

The projectors just suck. I think there's even a label on the back that says NO HID lol. Get some tyc or something.Some ricer has those with blue hid and it looks like a big ball of light coming at you. Crazy glare and aimed high.
Old 12-05-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Asteroid
I am going to be getting an HID kit installed and I have the same projectors, will I have the same kind of glare or it's a matter of aiming? Thanks.
dont waste ur money bro! to let EVERYONE know on these boards, Halo/sonar projectors are not good with HID's. They are an absolute waste of TIME & MONEY. Honestly, HALOGEN was brigther than HID's in those Halo's. The projectors are simply not made for the intenese light of HIDs. If u cant stand how ur halo projectors are so dim (like I did) and think HID is gonna help u out, ur gonna be extremely disappointed. Just look at the pics I took, they speak for themselves. Yea, they halo's are sexy, and I do wish I could keep them, but these HID's are just sexier. So, pick and choose, cuz u cant have ur cake and eat it too. Well, unless u wanna do a retro-fit on these, which would be sickkkk .
Old 12-08-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
I have a question about this kit, when everyone installed them, were you able to put the stock weather piece all the way back on the back of the headlights, or did they sit kinda off them because of the wires? I ask because my old kit when they installed the bulbs, they couldnt get the weather piece back on the back of the headlight very well because of the wires and I think it caused moisture to get into them. Let me know.