Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

tyc headlights

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004
*BoY*CaR* *GiRL*DRivER*

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fine02civicgurl is an unknown quantity at this point
Question tyc headlights

do tyc headlights leak?? I know the "cheap kind" of angel eye headlights leak and stuff. i want to get some tyc headlights, but im not gonna pay that much if they leak just like the cheap ones do. and i know they can be sealed, but that doesnt always work.
Old 02-28-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

runner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to all
mine havent leaked ever and we just saw some heave rain i love mine
Old 02-28-2004
Registered!!

duyaknow is an unknown quantity at this point
Mine fogged up. I bought mine used from Falken, and thought since it didn't fog up for him, it shouldn't fog up for me.

So before you put them on, just seal them with a bead of silicone around. I noticed that at certain parts of the headlight assembly, the lens and base are not very flush. Therefore, moisture can get inside fairly easily, especially the bottom and sides. The top looks good though.

Last edited by duyaknow; 02-28-2004 at 06:02 PM.
Old 02-28-2004
Registered!!

Htowncivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by DuYaKnow

So before you put them on, just seal them with a bead of silicone around. I noticed that at certain parts of the headlight assembly, the lens and base are not very flush. Therefore, moisture can get inside fairly easily, espedcially the bottom and sides. The top looks good though.

Ditto...I have some and I just put silicone on them...they should be fine
Old 02-28-2004
Registered!!

duyaknow is an unknown quantity at this point
Sealing should always work. Just before you seal them, make sure your headlights are clean and dry. I accomplish this by having a hair dryer pointed in the holes for the bulbs and ghetto rig it with string, so that it blows cold air w/out me holding it...haha. I leave it there running for about an hour, but possibly less for you since I had heavy moisture build up in mine.

I want cool air, to prevent melting of any plastics. Also, hot air holds more moisture than cold air, so that when your headlights cool down, you will have possible moisture in your headlights still. After running two hair dryers (one for each headlight), and every once in awhile, switching the position of the hair dryer to other bulb locations, I seal them with silicone without ever cracking my headlights open.

They havne't leaked yet, and it's been raining hard in California this last week, and has also been very cold. Good luck. Just do it before installation, or you'll have regrets like me, and have water spots inside my lens. I was just too lazy to crack the headlights open.
Old 02-28-2004
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
I've had mine for almost a year. They've been through some hellish rain and snow, and they never fogged up. If you're really worried about fogging, go ahead and re-seal them, but as long as you buy them new, I don't think it's necessary.
Old 02-28-2004
Registered!!

Philip is an unknown quantity at this point
also don't get the silver.....get the chrome cuase chrome projects better
Old 02-28-2004
Registered!!

dragin will become famous soon enoughdragin will become famous soon enough
with all aftermarket heads you run a 50/50 chance of em leaken, my first set was perfect, second set exact same lights had a small leak, but i just leave the headlights on when i drive till it dries em out.
Old 02-28-2004
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
Originally posted by dragin
with all aftermarket heads you run a 50/50 chance of em leaken, my first set was perfect, second set exact same lights had a small leak, but i just leave the headlights on when i drive till it dries em out.
yup hehe. thats why oems cost so much; you'll never expect them to fog up.

I park facing towards the sun and it usually dries up in 30 minutes. if it bothers me that much I leave the high beams on while driving (daytime).
Old 02-28-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
It all depends on where you live. In arizona, headlights will never fog. If you're in a place with high humidity, they will always fog up. Every stock car here has foggy headlights. Sealing only prevents leaking of actual water into the headlight. They will always fog because of the turn and parking signal connectors that are just twist-on. They will still let moisture in unless you seal those, too.
Old 02-29-2004
I Am The Funky Monkey!!!

BausHaug is a jewel in the roughBausHaug is a jewel in the roughBausHaug is a jewel in the roughBausHaug is a jewel in the rough
I've got no problems with mine. I've had mine for almost a year now. After living in California and recently moving to Colorado, They still haven't fogged up.
Old 03-01-2004
Retired Super Mod and STILL Pimpin' Yo Mama

Blk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to behold
2 things:

1st: Search
2nd.. Post in correct forum.

Thank you and happy posting.
Old 03-01-2004
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
moved to I.C.E. & Electrical...Subforum: Lighting
Old 03-01-2004
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by DuYaKnow
Mine fogged up...I bought mine used from Falken, and thought since it didn't fog up for him, it shouldn't fog up for me.

im sorry to hear that you had problems with them...
i never had any issues with them
Old 03-01-2004
Registered!!

Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future
Do you have to buy bulbs for the TYC projectors? or do they already come with some? Are you able to replace the bulbs with hyperwhite ones?
Old 03-01-2004
Registered!!

Kloverz has a little shameless behaviour in the past
TYC will fog, its not seal good enough, as for mines tho, and yes it comes with its own bulbs,