Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

TYC Halo ?!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AlienX will become famous soon enough
TYC Halo ?!?

Has anyone put halo's on their TYCs... I was wonding if it was hard, and maybe seeing some picture ?
Old 02-11-2004
Registered!!

ttt...
Old 02-14-2004
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
b390lu or something along those lines did this a while ago. he said he used EL (electro luminescient) tape, but don't quote me on this. he went to a shop to get it done correctly.
Old 02-14-2004
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
Well, When i had my tycs apart I took a window rod and bent it into a peftect circle, and well.. Its too thick, and will not fit (around the projector). It will however fit around the high-beam area but, I dont think it will look right IMO.

Infinitie is right, Someone on the forum (or a couple) have used el cable/neon wire. The only problem with this is, you may not get a perfect circle. Plus, IMO when the neon is on/off it doesnt look that great =\

When i was sufin clubrsx.com i saw a member there that did the neon wire retro and it looks like ****, lol. Ill see if i can get the pic
Old 02-15-2004
Registered!!

blah, I want to try this out ( not EL ) but I just need some extra info.. I think with a thinner rod it should be possible.
Old 02-15-2004
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
well, the only rod that i know of (that will also allow light to reflect around to give a "glow") would be the curtain rod. Maybe cut it in half some how? IDK, just remember that halo works be having the light reflected inside the plastic.
Old 02-23-2004
Registered!!

i know.. i was going to put a light etch in it so that it would reflect the light.. otherwise it will just be bright in one end and no colour in the middle...