Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

ATF Full Synthetic ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light
ATF Full Synthetic ?

went to honda today to buy OEM tranny fluid for my 05, the dude says they have changed to a full synthetic fluid now?

i have not changed tranny fluid since this happened, so is it okay to mix this new fluid with the old type? the honda dude says yes, just wanting to make sure?
Old 05-03-2013
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: ATF Full Synthetic ?

DW-1 is all you can get now.

The new # supersedes the old one.

Should be fine.
Old 05-03-2013
Registered!!

mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by CraigW
DW-1 is all you can get now.

The new # supersedes the old one.

Should be fine.

so its okay to mix the two?

im still a bit hesitant to do so
Old 05-03-2013
7th Gen Civic DIY Enthusiast!

Matt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the rough

I did the drian, fill, drive thing four times one day last year with the new fluid. My tranny actually stopped making the noise it was making, which still worries me and the noise stopping could be completely coincidental. It's been pretty smooth and quiet ever since I put the new stuff in. I changed it every 20k with the old stuff before the flush last year.
Old 05-03-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikey1
so its okay to mix the two?
Better check your service manual. I'd hate to tell you something that wasn't in print.

Last edited by ezone; 05-03-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Old 05-03-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Absolutely.
thanks, will do tomorrow
Old 05-04-2013
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

I put DW1 in my 2010 at 25k and 50k (while i still had powertrain coverage)

The Z1 certainly went fast. Honda has stated that this is the replacement for Z1.
Old 05-04-2013
Registered!!

changed it this morning, all went fine, seems to be shifting smooth like it always has, so i will hope for the best, 250,000km and still going strong :::knock on wood:::