Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

A/C works when it wants to help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intercooler is an unknown quantity at this point
A/C works when it wants to help!

So I'm stumped. This has been coming on for a bit now I think. About a week ago the A/C wouldn't come on. I pulled it in the garage to possibly charge it up with a can of 134. Well I connected to the low side and had over 100 PSI. The compressor wasn't rotating even though I had the A/C on inside the car. I waited and was about to give up... turned the car on again and A/C was on. My pressure was 30-35 PSI which was in range but I charged it up with another can. Cycled the A/C off and on working fine. Since then I had a couple of times where it didn't come on. I know the switches are working okay because the second fan comes on. I pulled the relays for A/C and swapped them with others since they are all the same and no good. It seems to come on when it wants. Any ideas of things to check?
Old 08-21-2009
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A/C works when it wants to help!

Does it idle higher when it doesn't work?
Old 08-28-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intercooler is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: A/C works when it wants to help!

Well at it again today. Didn't work this morning or at lunch. Maybe tonight!

Anyone have a schematic of the electrical system for the A/C so I can see where I am losing it?