Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

HELP!!!signal stays on when headlights is on?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1slowcrx is an unknown quantity at this point
HELP!!!signal stays on when headlights is on?

please help! when headlights is off i can signal like normal but as soon as i turn the headlights on the signal stays on soild(just one side does this). when headlight is on the signal light stays solid but if i hit the harzard light it works but if i signal, nothing, just stays solid. bulb is good wiring dont look like its grounding.this start to happen rite after a fender bender on the same side.
Old 04-14-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
well ya its from the accident. i would look at the wiring, maybe its either grounding out or wires got crossed somehow
Old 04-14-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
well ya its from the accident. i would look at the wiring, maybe its either grounding out or wires got crossed somehow
i know for sure its because of the accident, but the wiring looks fine. the front signal wires(the accident was in the front) are not touching and its not grounding out cus its not poppin bulbs or fues? any ideal?
Old 04-14-2006
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
How about if only the parking lights are on ?? Same or different then ??

Sounds like a classic poor ground connection. I would look at the ground for the parking light/turn signal bulb first.
Old 04-15-2006
Registered!!

even if the parking light is on, the signal light will stay on solid. but if no parking/head light is on then signal light works fine. the hazard light works even if any light is on. does the front light have a ground? i'm pretty sure it's a very small problem i mite have over looked, any other ideals?
Old 04-15-2006
Registered!!

Massimo-Ep2 is an unknown quantity at this point
I've had the excact same problem because of my cai, my grounding wires seemed in place but under heavy force(daily driving), it lost contact briefly and my electronics were ****ed up... I also could'nt lock the doors with my remote, and my driverside window didn't do the "all the way up or down" anymore!! Just bolt it on really strongly and if you have a cold air which is bolted on your ground(like my injen cold air for d17)you should consider moving your ground or your air filter mounting. Hope this fixes your prob , good luck... Oh yes, just take off bumper and in the bottom right hand corner you will find your grounds.
Old 04-15-2006
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
The ground for the parking light/turn signal bulb is shown on the schematic as the black wire.
Old 04-15-2006
Registered!!

can i splice in to the black wire and run a external ground wire?
Old 04-15-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
ya just run a new ground. cut the one going to the bulb, then wire from the bulb to a chassis ground.