Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Electrical Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EJ_6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Electrical Problem

hi guys, im having this weird and irritating electrical problem... I've been searching online and in other forums to see if anyone else has had the same problem but it seems like no one else had.

Bought this non running 97 hx with a b16 block and gsr head, pulled that out and swapped in a y7... I go in to turn the key to the Accessories "I" position and i dont have power to the radio and cigarette lighter, i check the 75a fuse under the hood and its good.. Turned the key to the ON position "II" the radio and cigarette lighter turns on....the third position which is the start position the lights on my dash turns on, it was suppose to turn on on "II". basically everything on the ignition is moved over one.

already did
-ignition switch..also tried turning it manually.
-main relay
-fuses
Old 10-23-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: Electrical Problem

Find a service manual and check the pinout of the ignition switch.