Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Steering wheel swap question

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
inthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trusted
Steering wheel swap question

is it possible?

I posted a question about steering wheel emblems. The rest of the interior looks nice, but I hate the current stock steering wheel. I do not want to get an aftermarket wheel because they don't have airbags.

So I noticed the 7th and 8th gen civic steering wheels and was wondering has anyone tried putting them on an older civic, like my 2000 ex?

all these wheels are nice, but the main question is, can I get any of those to work with my car? (mount, ps, cruise control, horn, airbag. And if they have radio controls could I connect them to radio?)

I think it would be a very nice thing to be able to do. If I can I will, if I can't, oh well.

hybrid wheel

06-08 wheel

05 civic
Old 07-27-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
Re: Steering wheel swap question

the one you have pictured for an 05 is actually in an Si. i wouldn't know about the airbags, but i know the Si wheel is a bolt-in replacement for the 01-05 coupes and sedans. if you can get wiriing diagrams for the airbags and info on how many/type stages they have, then i'm sure it could be done.

and i like the hybrid wheel if you intend on keeping all the radio and cruise controls functional. post up if you get more info on the possibility
Old 07-27-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

I have an S2000 wheel that might be fore sale if a local buyer doesn't want it. Dual stage airbag too!
Old 07-27-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Grrrr......I really want an S2K wheel.
Old 07-27-2008
Registered!!

inthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trusted

well do you know how or where I can find how to install a s2000 wheel in my 2000 civic ex?
Old 07-27-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Originally Posted by inthezoneac
well do you know how or where I can find how to install a s2000 wheel in my 2000 civic ex?
Check out this site:

www.civicforums.com

The forum there is great, it even has a search button.
Old 07-27-2008
Registered!!

lol I've tried that along with 3 other sites. All I could find was a swap on a 5th gen prelude. I don't know if I'm going to have to do anything else besides remove old wheel, put new one on.

and it seems impossible to find a s2k wheel.
Old 07-27-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

I found one.

Originally Posted by Rufus
I have an S2000 wheel that might be fore sale if a local buyer doesn't want it. Dual stage airbag too!
Old 08-10-2008
Registered!!

spudz904 is just really nicespudz904 is just really nicespudz904 is just really nicespudz904 is just really nice

I've got one for sale too!
Old 08-10-2008
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

How much for the wheel spudz?

I like that hybrid wheel alot. Any one tried putting an 8th gen into a 7th gen?
Old 10-04-2009
Registered!!

Aleng is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone has done this convert?..I will try to fit Civic 1.8 07 wheel to my eg9 soon..