Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

help?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jearl is an unknown quantity at this point
help?

I leased a 2011 Civic DX-VP. rthis the base car plus air and automatic. it is a cheap lease but the lack of power door locks driving me crazy. can anyone tell me if the actuator motor is probably installed just not enabled or would adding actually require doors taken apart and a new assembly instralled? thx
Old 02-09-2011
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: help?

The actuators are not there, the associated wiring is not there.

And, it is not a 9th generation.
Old 02-09-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Yeah, you would have to do the wiring, buy the actuators, probably change the ECU.. everything. Its a lot of work, and since you got a lease, it doesnt even make sense. Cant you just take it back and lease something else?
Old 02-09-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jearl is an unknown quantity at this point

shame on me for being such a tight wad dumb ***. the sales guy told me it just needed reprogramming. took it back and told to get an aftermaket alerm etc. but wondered how in the heck that going to work without the actuator there. I'll go back and see what they say... thx for the replies.
Old 02-09-2011
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

He lied to sell you. Go back and threaten to return, he'll bend over backwards.
Old 02-09-2011
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

do you have power door locks? like if you push the lock button on the door, does it lock all the doors? or do you have to push on each one manually. i cant imagine a new civic not having at least power locks (even if no keyless remote for it). if you have power locks, then you have the actuators already and you can just buy aftermarket alarm to use it from remote.
Old 02-10-2011
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

DX-VP has A/C and PW.
Old 02-10-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Yea it's a lot of work. Someone on here attempted it on a 7th gen (DeX). I'm not sure if he ever finished or how far he got. I'm sure he has a ton of knowledge about it though if he is still active here. Send him a PM.