7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

04 Honda Civic Ex Emergency Brake Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Junquito89 is an unknown quantity at this point
04 Honda Civic Ex Emergency Brake Adjustment

Anyone by chance know how to properly adjust the Emergency Brake? Have tried several times and I've seen how it's done unfortunately the un assembly isn't going as planned.
Old 10-21-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 04 Honda Civic Ex Emergency Brake Adjustment

Remove center console, fiddle with adjustment nut at the aft end of the e-brake assembly. Adjust for the pull you desire (6-7 clicks is the spec, or 44.1 ft-lbs)

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...djustment.html
Old 10-21-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure your brake shoes and hardware are in good shape and correctly assembled first.
Make sure the cables are free and not sticking or binding.

Get the shoes adjusted correctly using the star wheel before attempting any adjustments with the hand brake.

If the drums have been machined too big you may have troubles.
Old 10-21-2015
Registered!!

Appreciate the feedback. By un assembly i am actually having issues removing the Center Console (yes, it's a fact!) haha but believe that might be the only issue. Brake Drums, Hardware is up to date! All i have to do is fiddle with the adjustment nut because it's not holding at 6-7 Clicks (as specified) when on a slight slope while on Neutral (according to my Vehicles Manual)
Old 10-21-2015
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

...after I did my rear drums I just pulled the hand brake and reversed down the street 5 times, they're self ratcheting for the 01-05 non-si.
Old 10-21-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Where does it feel like the center console catches?
Old 10-22-2015
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

Is it an Auto if so are you still in park?

If memory serves in order to lift the console out for the auto you need to shift it back so if will give you space between the drift handle (e-brake) and the shifter.

There is a small square about a 1/2inch by a 1/4inch on the shifter assembly this opens up with a flat head then stick a screw driver in the hole and it will push against a button which allows you to bypass the shifter lock and shift to whatever gear is easies to remove the center console with.
Old 10-23-2015
Registered!!

Yes, it's an Automatic. Unable to find any online Videos related to my Make/Model. Believe the responses ALL you have replied shall be enough for me to go on! Greatly do appreciated! Thanks.