7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2001Honda Civic front body work

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aimforthebushes is an unknown quantity at this point
2001Honda Civic front body work

I got my civic in an accident and decided to do some of the repairs in my own and save some money. I saw some tutorials on the bumper and lights but I haven't seen anything on the fenders. Are they a easy fix? And if not what should I expect?
Thanks for reading

Last edited by aimforthebushes; 01-13-2014 at 08:49 AM.
Old 01-13-2014
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 2001Honda Civic front body work

There are two basic options for the fenders, repair or replace them. If you decide to repair them you will have to look for a tutorial on body work and decide if you can do it.
If you decide to replace the fender make sure to get one that is decent quality, preferably OEM. The problem with cheap body parts is they are usually Chinese and they fit so poorly you spend a lot more time trying to get them to correctly, if they ever do.
Old 01-13-2014
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,444 Likes on 1,199 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

scrap yards. plenty of them around
Old 01-13-2014
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I actually just installed a new fender on my car. Picked up a new aftermarket one at a local pick-n-pull for $44. I was surprised that the fitment was as good as OEM.

I can take pics of how to remove it on Wednesday. If you can't wait that long, use the DIY to remove the bumper/headlight. Then locate the 5 (or was it 6?) bolts that hold it on, one of which, you have to open the door to access, and it's just below the mirror. Remove them and finagle the thing out. It should come out with little to no resistance. Installation is the reverse of removal.
Old 01-13-2014
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Yeah. If you have a crease, well, most likely a pain to bring it back, if not impossible. Depending on how the fender is damaged, could be easy or not (pics? Can you imagine how many ways a fender could be mangled? I can't.)
Or the junkyard
Old 01-14-2014
Registered!!

cja3455 is an unknown quantity at this point

Replacing fenders and bumpers are the easiest part of accident repair, make sure there's no damage behind, that become a pain in the ***, also getting a decent paint job is not easy. been there when I got rear ended
Old 01-15-2014
Registered!!

Thanks for the responses guy here is a picture. Th e Fender is pushed in between the door.
Old 01-15-2014
Registered!!

http://imgur.com/i8i2AZv
Old 01-16-2014
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Crap. Forgot to take pics. Nevertheless, it's pretty straightforward. As for that fender, I'd personally call it a loss. You may have to go through destructive means to remove it. Also, that creasing by the headlight is pretty gnarly.

The bumper may be salvageable. You might be able to pop that "dent" out by removing the bumper. It's made of plastic, and it may have fold marks from the outline of that dent, but that's all aesthetics.
Old 01-16-2014
PITA Admin
Administrator

yup! too much work to fix, much easier and better results if you just get a junkyard piece. who knows, you might even find one with the same color.
Old 01-16-2014
Registered!!

Yeah I plan on replacing it all and getting new headlights. I just hope that the frame isn't bent.
Old 01-17-2014
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
johndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the rough

It doesn't have a "frame" per say. From where the damage is. It is unlikely that anything is bent. Go get a four wheel alignment after you fix it and if its bent it won't be able to be aligned.