7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Car won't stop on snow/winter tires?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Car won't stop on snow/winter tires?

Found this just now....

8. Just try to avoid the people who CAN’T DRIVE because of a little rain or snow.

Did you forget how to drive already? Use some common sense people!

From http://www.buzzfeed.com/h2/shfk/farm...ting-road-rage
Old 08-31-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,444 Likes on 1,199 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

wait, there's still another point needing asked:
did someone else drive the car and felt same issues?

also, the ABS getting into the equation could make this tricky. if ONE wheel starts loosing grip, ABS will reduce the pressure on the other wheels. If one wheel have any kind of issues unseen, this really could happen. (I know this, in autoX, I use left foot braking in corners, but if the rear wheel lifts, the AB S kicks in, pulsating the pedal because the wheel in the air will lock)
Old 08-31-2013
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mikebj22
In regards to the accident, that was my mistake. Besides the one on the snow where I rear ended another car waiting on a red light going 10 mph on the snow, I haven't gotten in another accident. Its not that I didn't like the advice and it was not correct.....the things people told me didn't work also. Pumping the brakes did nothing. Why didn't I need "the correct way to brake" when I'm driving my brother's car or in high school when I borrowed my mom's car?

I ask the same question year after and I don't know how to drive??? Yeah you're an a** hole.
Again, the a**hole with 31 years of experience driving in snow knows so much less than some kid who is barely out of diapers. Pumping the brakes with ABS will not help. That's why they invented ABS. So your brakes don't lock up. It pumps the brakes for you.
Again, you keep going back to my mamma's car works, my brothers car works, it's just my car
Again, different cars, different tires, different braking systems. Because you choose not to read what you are being told doesn't make it wrong.

You have yet to tell us what tires you have and what their tread depth is.
You claim to not know much about cars and that you are probably describing it wrong. So we are given bad information, try to help you with that as best as we can, and we are a**holes and bashing on you.

When you act like a baby, and refuse to listen and place blame on everything and everyone else, you are bound to get bashed. But we bow your automotive brilliance You obviously have proved you are an expert in driving in snow. I can no longer question that. You have proven that you car is special and the tires speed up when you brake, but only in the snow. You are master of your vehicle and understand all aspects of driving in the snow.

In your first post you state "Now, someone suggested I get winter tires. Blizzack Winter Tires to be exact.....cost over $100 a piece. Does any one else have problems on the snow like my car?

More importantly, does any one have experience or suggestions about winter tires?"

You were provided that advice yet called the poster an A**hole. I bet you were popular in the sandbox.

So again, the "A**hole" asks "What tires are you running and what is the tread depth?"

But since you are the master I will leave you to your world. I hope you get the answers you seek before you rear end someone else and put them into the hospital.
Old 08-31-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mikebj22 should not be trusted

The tires are Primewell PS 830 185/65 r15.
Old 08-31-2013
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mikebj22
The tires are Primewell PS 830 185/65 r15.
That's probably 80% of your issue. Definitely not a good tread for winter driving. If you don't want to get snow tires, take those to a tire shop and ask to have them siped. That will make a big difference on how they handle in the cold.

Here is a video explaining the process.
[autostream]http://autostream.com/ibcivicforums/?page_type=firebirdplayerthumbnail&framepage=1429& transactionid=1377986805-184155137182&posted_by=_www.civicforums.com&youtub e_video_id=Jtk4ijS4gOo[/autostream]
Old 08-31-2013
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

primewell what the hell is that a chinese tire ive never heard of that brand before. i googled primewell and turns out there chinese made for firestone so i guess the mystery of the haunted tires have been foiled back to the mystery machine.
Old 08-31-2013

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I just read they are Chinese import made for Firestone. Not impressed.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums...Number=2571440
Old 08-31-2013
7th Gen Civic DIY Enthusiast!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Matt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the rough

Great quote I heard years and years ago and still hear it these days.

"You can't teach common sense and you can't fix stupid."

I'm just throwing it out there.
Old 08-31-2013
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i heard you can give a man a fish but if you can teach a man to shop at walmart you get a pretty good discount on tires.
Old 09-01-2013

Originally Posted by Matt_75
"You can't teach common sense and you can't fix stupid."
I have a small collection....

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

"Only as a person’s knowledge base increases do they grasp the concept of their own ignorance. Limited vision obstructs the view of the horizon."

"None are so blind as those that won't see... and those that have their *** cheeks in their eyeballs."

"What good does education do a person, if they do not have
the common sense to apply what they know to a problem?"

"You can't memorize understanding and comprehension."

“ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”

"The less you know, the more you think you do"

"Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid."

Gotta go, I hear the short bus honking.
Old 09-01-2013

"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
Old 09-01-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,444 Likes on 1,199 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

hope it's not an issue of the abs going wacko...