7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Best tein coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jringo8769 should not be trusted
Best tein coilovers?

I would like an opinion about the best tein coilovers for civic em2. It fits the rsx and the ep3.
Many thanks.
John
Old 07-23-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Best tein coilovers?

Depends what you want to get out of them!

Just a lowered car with good ride quality or better handleing with not as good ride quality
Old 07-23-2013
Registered!!

well i had megan racing full coilovers before i stored the car in storage and i know they are not the best but i was pleased with them...i am told tein is much better and able to be rebuilt as well
Old 07-23-2013
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

They are better then Megan and are rebuildable. I have heard great things about the Flex system. Progress would be a better choice then the Tein's though.

I personally have KW coilovers and they are great as long as you don't want to slam the car.
Old 07-23-2013
Registered!!

well i had it real low with the megans and want it back like that. what are the best if i want that slammed look?
Old 07-23-2013
Prelude Owner

The progress are good down to 3" and have good spring rates for daily driving. They are also rebuildable and you can custom order spring rates if you don't like the standard rates they supply.
Old 07-24-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,446 Likes on 1,201 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

ah, don't go creating so many new threads just to get to the marketplace. it's annoying.
I was about to report you as new type scambot...
Old 07-25-2013
Registered!!

Aetoc will become famous soon enoughAetoc will become famous soon enough

I have the type flext coils in my car. They are EXTREMELY stiff, and are definitely something you have to tolerate if you DD the car. I love them really, but on rough roads it can get a bit annoying.
Old 07-25-2013
Registered!!

rustycivic is on a distinguished road

Teins aren't actually designed to slam your car. They are a great quality coilover, but they are either designed for comfort or performance. With most Teins, if you slam a car on them, they will get bouncy, because they do not have the proper amount of shock travel, and you are hitting the bump stops.

If your goal is to just slam your car, go with Function@Form, KSport, D2, BC Racing. They are designed to slam cars.

Or if you want a higher quality setup, look at Koni/GC.....but you have to do your research, and figure out what spring rates and lengths you want, and you'll also want to run extended top hats.
Old 08-07-2013
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough

I personally whent with the TIEN SS coils for my DD and the ride is a bit rough but even when they are all the way compressed there is still a slight wheel gap. As rusty said they arent designed for a slammed setup. Still agreat set of coils though.