7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

stage 4 clutch

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maxpower120 is an unknown quantity at this point
stage 4 clutch

I just got my 04 civic si and the previous owner put a comp clutch stage 4 in it. I don't plan on adding any upgrades if I replaced it with a stock clutch would I be able to sell the used clutch for anything or should I just leave it in there?
Old 02-17-2013
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: stage 4 clutch

why replace it if its working fine?

i wouldnt expect much money for a used aftermarket clutch
Old 02-17-2013
Registered!!

It makes a loud noise when taking off in first gear and reverse, if i wont get much for it i can deal with it
Old 02-17-2013
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikey1
why replace it if its working fine?

i wouldnt expect much money for a used aftermarket clutch
have you ever used anything except a stock clutch? I'm pretty sure a stage 4 clutch would be a royal bitch to use. The force required to push in the clutch pedal would be ridiculous, and the engagement would probably be way too harsh for daily driving. I had a stage 1 clutch when I was turbo'd and my sister and dad had sore knees after using it. Stage 4 is overkill for a D17. I doubt there's much you can do to a D17 that can warrant a stage 4.

A stage 4 clutch, however, if someone felt the need to put it on, can probably yield a couple hundred bucks... good luck finding a buyer though.
Old 02-18-2013
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
have you ever used anything except a stock clutch? I'm pretty sure a stage 4 clutch would be a royal bitch to use. The force required to push in the clutch pedal would be ridiculous, and the engagement would probably be way too harsh for daily driving. I had a stage 1 clutch when I was turbo'd and my sister and dad had sore knees after using it. Stage 4 is overkill for a D17. I doubt there's much you can do to a D17 that can warrant a stage 4.

A stage 4 clutch, however, if someone felt the need to put it on, can probably yield a couple hundred bucks... good luck finding a buyer though.

yes i realize all of that.....i have used many aftermarket clutches before, but he didnt say anything about the pressure being a problem for him
Old 02-18-2013
Registered!!

Its not the pressure it takes to push the pedal that bothers me, its that it catches so fast its hard to downshift to slow down and shifting from first to second is a bitch
Old 02-19-2013
Busy Speeding!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough

An aftermarket clutch will wear out your tranny quicker than with no mods. How many miles? I might buy it from you
Old 02-19-2013
Registered!!

About 20k
Old 02-19-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

me thinks what happened was either:
1) Previous owner thought - i will put the strongest clutch in there with stock engine because i drive badass so the clutch will last (bwaahaha! yeah, right!) - reference the guy that put racing EBC pads and they never did come up to temperature so never did work well and did a mess of material accumulating in the rotors...
2) Previous owner put a clutch because he put a turbo and potentially you might be in trouble depending on what he did...

either way, there are really not many reasons to put a stage 4. maybe a stage 1 if one do autoX (not likely, too few runs to heat the brakes, even...) or track days from time to time.
or a stupidly high boost turbo, but then the engine might die way before the clutch does...

not aimed at you, maxpower, since you bought it as is.

just thinking how funny it is that so many thinks that since it calls for Race in the name, they should work... nope, they do not... some parts might work way worse because of that... (oh, man, here i go remembering again all the threads asking for the "best" this or that LOL! I will stop here...
Old 02-19-2013
Registered!!

lol I asked him why he went with the stage 4 and he said he was planning on building the car up but ended up just doing a cold air intake, exhaust, and the clutch
Old 02-19-2013
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

lol, seems like his priorities weren't in the correct order..
Old 02-19-2013
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

typical ricer. lol