7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Passenger seat does not slide forward anymore

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011
02 coupe DX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lopes101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Passenger seat does not slide forward anymore

So the other day my passenger seat stopped sliding forward when you pull the side handle, or push the pedal in the back. I tried looking around under there and see it connected by like a bicycle brake cable. The seat still pops forward, but does not slide. The seat slides fine if I pull the main handle under the seat, with no problems. Any advice or input?
Old 09-05-2011
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Passenger seat does not slide forward anymore

If you don't see the cable under the seat move when you pull the side handle, then the connector has broken or disconnected. No idea how to fix it though.

Did all years Civics allow the passenger seat to slide forward when pulling the side handle? I have a 94 that doesn't and just assumed it was supposed to be that way.
Old 09-05-2011
02 coupe DX

Originally Posted by TiggerDX
If you don't see the cable under the seat move when you pull the side handle, then the connector has broken or disconnected. No idea how to fix it though.

Did all years Civics allow the passenger seat to slide forward when pulling the side handle? I have a 94 that doesn't and just assumed it was supposed to be that way.

I am not sure if all do or not. I also am not sure if I would be able to see the cable move as it is encased, and the steel cable slides inside. It isnt a HUGE deal, but very inconvenient at this time because I am so used to it rocketing forward.
Old 09-05-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

must be a coupe right? yeah you will have to take the seat apart and see what broke so you can replace the part. there is nothing you can do with the seat installed.
Old 09-06-2011
02 coupe DX

Originally Posted by gearbox
must be a coupe right? yeah you will have to take the seat apart and see what broke so you can replace the part. there is nothing you can do with the seat installed.
Ya she is, and Im not doing that so I guess I will deal with it!
Old 09-06-2011
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light

You will see a metal piece move when you pull the lever. This disengages the locking pin from the slider.