7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

how to drive manual

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alkamist7 has a spectacular aura aboutAlkamist7 has a spectacular aura aboutAlkamist7 has a spectacular aura about
Re: how to drive manual

Originally Posted by MelJ
MelJ stop putting yourself out there on my ****
Old 04-06-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BrokeLX
1. Learn how to double clutch. You don't want to get made fun of for granny shifting.

2. At stop lights make sure to rock back and forth so people know you are in a manual.

3. Always rev to 5-5.5k rpm while stopped and in first, then dump the clutch.

4. Rev match every downshift.

5. In Parking Garages, Tunnels, and any other enclosed space, make sure to blip the throttle... a lot.

6. Save your brake pads and engine brake as much as possible.

7. Redline: It is there for a reason. Hit it before shifting.

8. Refer to Automatic Transmissions as "Slush Boxes" even when speaking of an Enzo or Veyron.

9. LED shift ***** are your friend. You will never mis-shift at a night race.

10. Do left legged pistol squats everyday. This will help you in stop and go traffic.

Follow those 10 rules and you are good to go my friend.
Bwahahaha
Old 04-06-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,443 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

5. In Parking Garages, Tunnels, and any other enclosed space, make sure to blip the throttle... a lot.
only if there is a SRI or CAI under the hood, straight pipes, no muff or resonator, and the car is geared in second
Old 04-06-2011
Registered!!

Xiao is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
Hahahaha, kind of same thing happened to me
The only reason I stalled my 1 time, was because someone did a rolling stop at his stop sign, and I panicked. Slammed on the brakes in 3rd gear, to a dead stop, and engine turned off :P

Good times good times
Oh, I might add that my first experience with a stickshift was with a turbo charged 1st gen MX5. I had a blast with that thing
Lol. My friend brought my Si to my job after he took care of the registration for me. I was fine until I got to my first light. There has never been a line of cars at this light. Well, apparently it was my lucky day. I stalled like 5 times and there was a sea of horns blaring at me. Lol. Good times. Good times. Hondas are pretty easy to learn stick on.
Haha i remember the first day i picked up my em2. The first stick car i actually owned myself. well prior to driving the 'vic, was about 7 months of hiatus from a stick. That day when i got the car fully insured and titled, i stalled the car 11 times. my little brother was in the car and he actually counted.

To the OP: as mentioned in this thread before, each car has its own different Friction Point. just get out there (by out there, i mean hopefully somewhere safe to practice) and familiarize yourself with the car. If you stall, then just start it up and go again! we all stalled atleast once or seen it happen.
Old 04-06-2011
Registered!!

2. At stop lights make sure to rock back and forth so people know you are in a manual.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_BIma7_95A[/YOUTUBE]
Old 04-07-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Xiao
Name:  tumblr_lgyq9zZczi1qc3ioj.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  33.8 KB

I think I just...died a little
No wonder I don't get bitches in moist mode...I drive an auto

I used this to learn the first time
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqtctkznYjk[/youtube]
Old 04-07-2011
Registered!!

Alkamist7 has a spectacular aura aboutAlkamist7 has a spectacular aura aboutAlkamist7 has a spectacular aura about

lmfao Xiao that video was fakcin hilarious googd ****
Old 04-07-2011
Registered!!

BrokeLX is an unknown quantity at this point

I used this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17XBW5OZdOM

Still makes me chuckle.
Old 04-07-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

Any progress, OP? You check out that site I posted? Everyone here has pretty much given you all the basics though, so you might not even need to hit it up.
Old 04-07-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Alkamist7
lmfao Xiao that video was fakcin hilarious googd ****
To this day, I use almost all the techniques, however, I have a medical excuse exempting me from being able to continue. XD
Old 04-07-2011
Registered!!

I used this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17XBW5OZdOM

Still makes me chuckle.
Old 04-07-2011
Kenny the Ricer

speaking of manual driving

Any of you stickshift people try this?
[Youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AJXsVj-PMg&NR=1&feature=fvwp[/Youtube]
Old 04-07-2011
Registered!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AJXs...1&feature=fvwp
Surprisingly I actualy have tried it a couple of times. It does work but I just don't like the fact that if im not careful, then grinding shows. Its hella scary when you messup. Transmission grind =
Old 04-07-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

I know my RPM ranges for my gear and speed pretty well, but I would never do that. Synchros are pretty damn expensive. I guess if I didn't care I would. I can double clutch, but I'd rather not have to on upshifts.
Old 04-07-2011
Registered!!

Any progress, OP? You check out that site I posted? Everyone here has pretty much given you all the basics though, so you might not even need to hit it up.
yea this thread was very helpful and funny it gave me a better idea, unfortunatly the only two people i know wit standard wont let me use their car so im gonna save up for "project integra" get a cheap manual integra practice and save for a k-swap it will of course take a while but im in no rush my vic only has 37k mi. and i already put to much money into it to trade or sell.
Old 04-07-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I do know how to shift like that but its NOT ideal... basically at about 1500-1800RPMS the car will naturally fall into gear if your pushing it towards that gear. If you notice that his car is shaking while trying to engage the gear though? That shiz isnt good for it... Perfect Shift my ***... Perfect shifting would be knowing exactly when to push the shifter into place at the perfect RPM without grinding the gears at all... which will never happen because you have to pay more attention to the shifting than your driving and you would eventually rear end a buick and the old man would get out and kick your ***.
Old 04-07-2011
Trance Addict

Double clutched rev-matched downshifts are great. If you're spot on, the shifter gets sucked right into the gate.
Old 04-07-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,443 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

loses more time than normal if you mess it up...
Yeah, there is a guy with a sprite - he is one of the fastest guys on the car class, but his car do not have synchros, so even harder...