Go Back   Honda Civic Forum > GENERAL > General Honda Civic Forum Archive.
Register Forgot Password?

General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Welcome to civicforums.com!
Welcome to civicforums.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join civicforums.com today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-08-2007   #1
omgwtfbbq mod.

Points: 14,708, Level: 78 Points: 14,708, Level: 78 Points: 14,708, Level: 78
Level up: 65%, 142 Points needed
Level up: 65% Level up: 65% Level up: 65%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
spoonEM is a name known to all spoonEM is a name known to all spoonEM is a name known to all spoonEM is a name known to all spoonEM is a name known to all spoonEM is a name known to all spoonEM is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to spoonEM
AC Condensor fan not working.

So I blew up my motor in my car. (Dont ask) So before I did the swap, I was having a problem with my A/C. Whenever I would turn it on, I would pop the fuse. Couldnt figure it out. So this weekend, I swapped out the motor, now she runs like a champ. However, I also installed a new compressor, and now when I kick it on, it doesnt pop the fuse, but the fan doesnt go on. Now, I evacuated the system myself and havent recharged it yet, doing that later today, but is there like a safety thing that honda has so it wont kick on when the system isnt charged, or is there something else I should be looking for? Im kinda stumped, and the service manual was pretty much useless for this. haha. Anyways, any help would be great.
Old 01-08-2007   #2
25+ Years Driving Japanese Automobiles

Points: 25,769, Level: 96 Points: 25,769, Level: 96 Points: 25,769, Level: 96
Level up: 42%, 581 Points needed
Level up: 42% Level up: 42% Level up: 42%
Activity: 74.1%
Activity: 74.1% Activity: 74.1% Activity: 74.1%
CraigW is a glorious beacon of light CraigW is a glorious beacon of light CraigW is a glorious beacon of light CraigW is a glorious beacon of light CraigW is a glorious beacon of light CraigW is a glorious beacon of light
The contacts of the fan relay may have been damaged by over current of defective motor. The relays could be swapped around as a quick and easy test. (swap horn relay with fan relay) Check the #s on the relays, I noticed on my 05 they are most the same part #s
Old 01-08-2007   #3
omgwtfbbq mod.

Points: 14,708, Level: 78 Points: 14,708, Level: 78 Points: 14,708, Level: 78
Level up: 65%, 142 Points needed
Level up: 65% Level up: 65% Level up: 65%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
spoonEM is a name known to all spoonEM is a name known to all spoonEM is a name known to all spoonEM is a name known to all spoonEM is a name known to all spoonEM is a name known to all spoonEM is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to spoonEM
Sweet....ill give that a shot. Thanks for the info. If that doesnt work, Ill go from there, hopefully thats all it was.
CivicForums
Honda Civic

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2001 , 2004 , 98 , 99 , ac , blowing , car , civic , condenser , condensor , cooling , fan , honda , radiator , running , working