I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Choose my speakers and amp for 2001 LX coupe

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
novice121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Choose my speakers and amp for 2001 LX coupe

Hello, ABSOLUTE NOOB here, sorry .

Could anyone recommend the best front and rear speakers + amp upgrade from stock amp-less system, for sound clarity on a Civic 2001 LX Coupe?

My budget is 200$, and don't want a subwoofer, nor do I care much about bass overkill, just a noticeable sound clarity upgrade from the old stock speakers.

I will have to do a lot of research into how to actually install all of this, and what sizes would actually fit, or how to install spacers.

Is there a way to have the amp NOT in the trunk? (no space in the trunk)
Is it better to replace all wiring with better quality cables?

I don't care about brands since I don't know from any personal comparison, but I currently have this head unit for a few years now based on Amazon reviews:

Pioneer DEH-4200UB CD Receiver with OEL Display and USB iPod Control

Amazon.com : Pioneer DEH-4200UB CD Receiver with OEL Display and USB iPod Control : Vehicle Cd Player Receivers : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Pioneer DEH-4200UB CD Receiver with OEL Display and USB iPod Control : Vehicle Cd Player Receivers : Car Electronics

Thanks for your insight
Old 07-04-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Choose my speakers and amp for 2001 LX coupe

Best place to search for reviews and products is Crutchfield. They have excellent customer service, expertise and they give you instal instructions. Polk, Alpine, Infinity, Kicker, Pioneere are all good brands to look into. Generally the more money you spend the higher the quality.

You can mount an amp under the seat but it is easiest to instal in the truck with it mounted onto the back seat. Doesn't take up much room like that.

You will need to run new wires to the speakers from the amp if you are planning on driving your new speakers with the amp.
Old 07-04-2014
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Choose my speakers and amp for 2001 LX coupe

Honestly, with only a $200 budget, you would be better off buy two pair of decent speakers then save up for an amp.
I would start with 2 sets of Polk or Infinity speakers, then get the amp later when you can afford it. The head until will power them until you are ready to move to the next stage.