Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Ottawa (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/97-ottawa)
-   -   Team Capital 7's (Ottawa area thread: version 3) (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/97-ottawa/102398-team-capital-7s-ottawa-area-thread-version-3-a.html)

E展k 07-18-2003 06:03 PM

Originally posted by Pharoh
I can field this one. I've had my CAI through the winter and it looks fine. If you're really paranoid you can get the water bypass valve but really I don't forsee a problem. The filter will only really take in water if it's submerged while the car is running and that is difficult to do. Ultimately your call but I think you'll be fine.
cool thanks Pharoh, I'm outtie!!! I'll see you guys at 8, Tek meet ya at Timmies for 7:30

ciao!

tekgnosis 07-18-2003 06:13 PM

cool!

peace!

player 07-19-2003 12:22 AM

Biatches, that was a fun night
i just cant get past how loud my car is
and damn, i wanna spin my tires :-(

Pharoh 07-19-2003 01:59 AM

New team name....M.G.B (Mike Got Busted)...LOL.

Lynk 07-19-2003 03:51 AM

Originally posted by Pharoh
New team name....M.G.B (Mike Got Busted)...LOL.
what did mike get busted for?

DnarahP: For cheep parts try looking on ebay. That's where i get most of my mods. It's verry hard to beat those prices and the parts are usually new. As for the CAI, i've driven in the past 2 winters with a CAI and i never had a problem.

player 07-19-2003 09:08 AM

he got busted for speeding, racing, running a light, loud muffler, illegal headlight, DUI, and unvolantary manslaughter

tekgnosis 07-19-2003 10:53 AM

that was a pretty fun night!!!

i had a good time :D

poor player...one day you will get to spin your tires :) hehehehe

you said you were going in for service today...how did it go?

Array: damnit man...your car kills! it's made me rethink the swap idea, so that I can get more power NOW, instead of waiting :( dang.

also...I think I like the team name "Lucky 7's". It's really growing on me! what does everybody else think?

Lynk 07-19-2003 11:11 AM

Originally posted by player
he got busted for speeding, racing, running a light, loud muffler, illegal headlight, DUI, and unvolantary manslaughter
yeah, that sounds like mike, alright!

tekgnosis 07-19-2003 11:46 AM

hey, we should call ourselves "TEAM SEVEN" and steal these guys' logo:

http://www.7thgencivic.com/memberrid...msig2.jpg?5596

looks sweet! :)

player 07-19-2003 11:46 AM

my breaks do not exist

wooo hooo

there is 0% left of them, my filter needs changing, they found 2 nails in my tire, and my rear break is fulthy and need cleaning.so here goes

what are my option with the breaks, i wanna get something better then stock, or maybe cheaper then stock and the money i save get a ram intake or something, the dealer quoted my 330 installed with tax for the pads and rotor machine, so help me out tell me what my other options are.

second, i didnt let then change my filter, i am going to get a K&N filter and install it myself, what size am i looking for when i goto canadian tire?

player 07-19-2003 11:49 AM

i was talking with someone yesterday about headers, here is the post i had

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...45#post1222245

tekgnosis 07-19-2003 12:04 PM

d00d, changing the pads takes about five minutes in the front.

well, maybe not five minutes, but still. :)

rotor machining: that's not something you can do yourself, unfortunately.

hrm...what sort of options are you looking for?

player 07-19-2003 12:10 PM

like canadian tire break, midas breaks, AEM breaks, how much do they cost?

tekgnosis 07-19-2003 12:13 PM

a ha..gotcha.
uhm, not really sure. I haven't looked into it yet.

I'm sure somebody else will know, though.

man..i can't believe you have 0% left! that's hilarious!

player 07-19-2003 02:31 PM

ok i went to goldwing to get a quite on a short ram, they said for AEM, 213+tax, DC 260+tax

now at tornactive, with shipping, it is 122.08 american, so assuming 1.4 change rate that comes to 171 CDN, now will i pay customs? can i talk to tornactive to say it is a gift, help help help.

E展k 07-19-2003 02:41 PM

Man I'm soo freakin tired!!!! Pharoh, you got off soo freakin lucky.. you gots da charm bud! :) That was the shiznit last night boys! But we really gotta consider 2-ways. would help prevent Mike from getting busted... hehehe

I want a CAI, but I'm fraekin paranoid about the winter... I guys I'll just get a short ram, and leave it at that. I gotta be different then you guys, you all have Cold Air's.... bah and I made a decision, I'm not going to lower my ride, until I've done all the engine work I want to do, gotten my rims, and got everything else done, then I'm gonna dump it the right way... full coil overs. Sound good? :)

player 07-19-2003 02:51 PM

coil overs are the way to go baby, u got that right, go all out or stay in :-)

anyways, are midas break pads any good? or canadian tire pads? are those good enough ?

some one pleaseeee help me

E展k 07-19-2003 03:00 PM

coil overs are the way to go baby, u got that right, go all out or stay in :-)

anyways, are midas break pads any good? or canadian tire pads? are those good enough ?

some one pleaseeee help me

Player, stay the fook away from CT they are a bunch of boobs (no offence to anyone who knows/works/or has any ties with Canadian Tire) Midas, I'd say, just shop around. look in the phone book, and call a bucnh of garages, get the best price. Either way you can get different grades of brake pads, but I'm not a hige expert on them. but I do know it's best to shop around... phone books are your friend :)

E展k 07-19-2003 03:06 PM

Lol that reminds me, on my way home the other night I "elegantly" passed a nicely done up 99/00 black civic and in front of him a muscle car with a green underglo (looked retarded) Anyways those two must have been buddies, b/c they stepped it up a notch and passed me on merivalle, They got onto the Eastbound 417, going slowly, so I passed them again, and was awoken by a LOUD V8, the goof in the 70's rock mobile was right up my ass, and I had the pedal all the way to the floor, and was at 150 I moved over, and he spanked me real bad... I don't really care though b/c my car looks nicer :) hee hee hee

Big Baller L 07-19-2003 04:06 PM

sounds like you guys had a fun night. Dayum wish i was there.
Tek: Array's car is slow!! hahaha its the same speed as mine!! hahaha juss joking buddy!!
Pharoh: what did u get busted for??
you guiys gotta tell em about the night.
Are their any new spots where people gather.
My 2 autometer gauges have arrived and im so excited to put them in. I am just now waiting on the bezel. Hopefully they look sick, but now i need a matching tach, cuz mine is a sunpro from ct. Hmmmm do u guys think the ones with the shift light are tooo big?? i think they are a little too much but what do you guys think?

E展k 07-19-2003 04:21 PM

No man, it was pretty dead, not alot of people anywhere... cept there was this one car early in the evening on the way to Denny's who decided to go up against 8 civics :)

player 07-19-2003 05:00 PM

what about "team tenzoor "

hehehe

E展k 07-19-2003 06:30 PM

what about "team tenzoor "

hehehe

Ottawa7thGen

maybe oui? maybe non?

1983 07-19-2003 08:24 PM

tek has only 4 points now heheheheh the perfect target muhahahahaha

player 07-20-2003 12:40 AM

1983, change your name to
Tenzoor

buhahahahahahaha

its Tenzo R, the r is saud alone pal, repeate that, ten- zo - ar , not ten - zor .

got it?

1983 07-20-2003 10:34 AM

i know that u guys just misunderstood me
now stop it

1983 07-20-2003 10:35 AM

muhahahah ur a good target too playa only 43 points muhahahah
wat have u done with all ur points??

Lynk 07-20-2003 11:28 AM

does that mean as soon as you hit 3000 you're changing someone's title? he he

Lynk 07-20-2003 11:29 AM

by the way, is there a way to get points faster? or is the only way just by posting?

player 07-20-2003 11:49 AM

the more u post the better, and u get 20 for starting a new post, and u can give poeple 1 point for giving them a postive rating on there replies