Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Mid Atlantic (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/30-mid-atlantic)
-   -   Baltimore meet JULY 20th! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/30-mid-atlantic/29653-baltimore-meet-july-20th.html)

SimplySLB 03-26-2002 09:42 PM

The "BIG" meet!

READ THIS FOR ALL THE INFO ABOUT THE MEET, or check out the link to the web page!

When: SATURDAY, July 20th

Where: 1-White Marsh Mall (off of 695 in Maryland--duh!), parking lot to be decided... 2-Honeygo Park (about a 5 minute drive from the mall!)

Time: Meeting at the mall between noon and 1pm. We will then all drive over to Honeygo Park. If you are going to be late or something, make sure you have the directions to the park (available from the web site.)

What we are doing: 1-we are just meeting here to get everyone together and become a more organized group. 2-At the park we will be having a BBQ and playing some sports and just relaxing. Of course we will be having a little car show and taking TONS of pictures! (We might even have prizes and stuff...still working on that!)

How long will we be at the park: A direct quote from Vizyun: "until at least 6:00, or whenever people get tired of taking pictures and talking smack about torque gains."

Who to contact:
Robbclark1
Vizyun
Klassy1 --or--
SimplySLB....we can all help with any info you might need!

Link to the web page: Here it is!

form3hide 03-26-2002 10:15 PM

Ok, Chicago would be Central United States, LA would be western United States, and Orlando would be considered south-eastern United States or even just southern United States...

Why don't we do something large for an eastern meet.... maybe a DC meet? or something :/

SimplySLB 03-27-2002 07:56 AM

A DC meet could definitely be an option...... I am also gonna look into Baltimore.

Where is everyone in this forum? Come on people!

2k1RiCeBuRnEr 03-27-2002 12:51 PM

DC would be a tyte place to meet, especially for a eastern meet

CivicPunker17 03-27-2002 03:43 PM

Baltimore meet! That city's amazing to hang out in!

kickasschick 03-27-2002 04:04 PM

My friends & I would definitely be up for a D.C. meet. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

SimplySLB 03-27-2002 04:17 PM

OK- after I finish the endless amounts of homework I have to do tonight, I am going to work on planning this Mid Atlantic meet. I am thinking more towards Baltimore! People, let me know your ideas...I mean, I have tons, but I wanna know what you think!

Hey Kickasschick-walkersville huh? I am in Frederick...my roommate is from Walkersville!

Nes06 03-27-2002 05:20 PM

im down for a baltimore or dc meet.......count me in:tup:

robbclark1 03-28-2002 07:10 AM

Whatever dudes, I live in Baltimore so DC ain't that far away. Come on Steph, homework vs. planning a 7thgen civic meet? Where are ur priorities?!?!?!?! apparently not with us! hehe just kidding! I am down for anything in this area. If you want some help don't hesitate to ask. I can do alot at work!! hehe

Vizyun 03-28-2002 08:25 AM

I'm in Kuzyn!! Baltimore would be optimal, but DC ain't a stretch, you know. Either way, count Vizyun in!:tup:

bottlefed 03-29-2002 10:23 PM

damn, i don't think i will be making any of those trips.

BiGDoG 03-30-2002 12:20 AM

Damn too far just to see other civics, if u guys plan something fun hell yeah i'll drive :tup:

untitled 04-02-2002 09:38 AM

SimplySLB:

I agree with CivicPunker17. Baltimore seems like a fun, central location to meet. You are currently in Frederick, Maryland but you are originally from Freehold, New Jersey? I live in Montgomery County, Maryland and have family in Morganville, New Jersey. If you ever plan another New Jersey meet, let me know. Hopefully, this Mid-Atlantic meet works, too. Thanks for your efforts.

Sincerely,
untitled

robbclark1 04-02-2002 12:44 PM

untitled!! haven't heard from u in forever!!!! glad u made it back!!![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]

SimplySLB 04-02-2002 03:17 PM

OK, since SOME people are responding to this thread, I am gonna try and work on it a little. I am definitely all for planning a Baltimore meet. The date that I prefer is a friday, July 19th, to be exact. I will be down here to coach a field hockey camp and that means less days for me to take off work. How does this date sound for everyone else?

I also checked out the Orioles schedule...there just so happens to be a game that night. So, maybe we could go to that. I don't know, just throwing out some ideas. Let me know what you all think.

Untitled-Yea I am from NJ but I go to school down here. The next NJ meet that I plan or whatever, should be coming up soon. I will let ya know so maybe you can make the trip!

robbclark1 04-03-2002 07:19 AM

Hey steph u might want to publisize in NJ, PA, VA, WV, DE to see if they are going to meet also. I don't know about a friday either because those of us who are old aren't in school anymore and have to work on fridays!! An orioles game would be cool, tho I don't care for them. They also are giving tickets to college and HS students for only $5. I can still use my ID!!!

Hey Speedracer32 do you know when you are available yet? I say two sundays from this sunday if that is cool with you, but we will have to check the weather, I dont' have a garage!

PEace out all!

Rob

NOSVtech 04-03-2002 09:00 AM

I would definitely hit up Baltimore. I was just there recently driving up from Florida. Depending on how willing everyone else is on driving there it has a lot of potential.

SimplySLB 04-03-2002 10:09 AM

OK so let's get this planning going here. We can always make the meet on saturday, July 20. How does that sound for everyone? There is tons of stuff we can do in Baltimore, we just have to get people to come....which shouldn't be a problem with my master organizing skills!

Yea and I don't like the Orioles either but I am all about sports and it was just an idea. So if you guys have ideas, then lets get them posted!

2k1CiviChic 04-04-2002 09:05 PM

I'm kinda late [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] I finally read this thread....
I'm from D.C but I'm down with going to Baltimore.....I'd rather go to Baltimore, not that far from me.
July 20th is actually better for me, so I'm fo sho down on the 20th!!
O and I'll let u know if I think of something we can do down there.

Vizyun 04-05-2002 08:53 AM

Since I'm still fairly new to Bmore, I'm not too up on what there is to do specifically, but I know there's a lot. Isn't there an ESPN Zone downtown or something? I'm sure there are other things to do, too. Anyone who's lived here a little longer got ideas?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

Storm897 04-14-2002 11:25 PM

I live in Montgomery County as well. Wouldnt mind driving to either DC or baltimore.

SiBorland 04-26-2002 04:10 PM

I'm definitely down for a meet, just as soon as my Si gets delivered.......which is about a month away [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]

RCV 04-27-2002 01:26 PM

Hey, i'm up for a meet somewhere but what about all us NY peps DC or even Maryland is mad far away:)

monkey 04-27-2002 03:12 PM

DC (WOOHOOOOOOOO!) or Baltimore sounds good to me.
Of course I'll have nothing to show so there's really no point in my going, but it would be awesome to see all your cars and whatnot....so yeaaaa this is a really good idea, SLB! Good job! :) :tup:

-monkey-

2k1RiCeBuRnEr 04-27-2002 04:42 PM

Like i said b4, DC or baltimore would be tyte, but anyone who juss wants to ride, my aim is DynastyRacer01

vandal 04-28-2002 12:14 PM

personally i think it would be better to keep it outside of a metropolitan area. i mean close to baltimore or dc but like not too close to all the traffic and crazyness of the city. it would be easier to assemble and i think less people would have chance of getting lost. just throwing out an idea.

SiBorland 04-30-2002 03:49 PM

In addition to meeting up, is there anybody interested in going to MIR afterwards?

Vizyun 05-01-2002 09:08 AM

OK, so what's the consensus?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

SimplySLB 05-01-2002 04:16 PM

If we are going to do something like this, we have to get serious. I've asked for people's opinions and stuff and what we have come up with so faris, if we have a meet it's gonna be on July 20th. That's a saturday....for those of you that have REAL jobs![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG] We haven't set a place or a time yet. So let me hear some ideas and I'll get moving on this.

SiBorland 05-01-2002 04:43 PM

Either DC or MD is cool for me. I dont know Baltimore too well, but Im up to meet there if thats what people want. People make sure you can go before everybody commits and then flakes. I for one want to see a good turn out, so lets suck it up and figure it out. :)