Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Mid Atlantic (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/30-mid-atlantic)
-   -   Baltimore meet JULY 20th! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/30-mid-atlantic/29653-baltimore-meet-july-20th.html)

AceKicker 05-22-2002 10:54 AM

Well I'm not going to wear a acekicker shirt I will wear my Speedline Shirt and hat. but vizyun if u can give me the address then that would be great becasue then it give me a chance to llok it up on mapquest so i can also see how many miles it is and see the estimated trip time so i can have an idea on when i would have to leave.

Vizyun 05-22-2002 11:49 AM

I don't have the address, but if you look on page 6 of this thread, the last post by slikor has a link to directions.:tup:

Klassy1 05-22-2002 01:27 PM

Alright guys!!! Heres the update. Honeygo Park is ours for July 20th. Yeah!!![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] I have the permit for the park for us. Vizyun and I have come up with a list of possible foods, and items for our BBQ. I will post it tomorrow and you let me know if there is anything else we've missed or if there are further suggestions you might want to make. Invite as many people as you like, the Park Officials have given us unlimited amount of people on the grounds. :)

robbclark1 05-22-2002 01:55 PM

Thanks klassy1. If you need me to do anything let me know. If you post what is needed then some people might not check. It might be easier to email or private message. Thanks for all the organization tho.

If we are going to Honeygo Park that is in Perry Hall/White marsh it would be really dumb to have us meet at Towson Town Mall. That would be way out of the way when people coming off the beltway would have to drive way out of the way to go to towson then back to the park. I think if that is the case we should all just meet at the park and scratch towson out. Just my $.02.

Rob

2k1RiCeBuRnEr 05-22-2002 02:21 PM

also could we make sure on gettin like the address to the park, so some of us can get driving direction from like mapquest.com

Klassy1 05-22-2002 02:40 PM

Robb maybe Vizyun and I can meet up with you and discuss. Towson Mall is probably a good central meeting place for everyone, reason being that this park is new and isn't on the Baltimore Parks and Recreation list. Unless you know where you're going you'd probably never find it. It's hidden in the back of a development. Vizyun and I just happen to live around there which is why we knew where it was but we're open for ideas. Let us know. Call or PM.

Vizyun 05-22-2002 02:51 PM

The park is actually about 15 minutes from the mall if we take the beltway. If we took Joppa it would probably be longer. I think it'll be easier for people if we meet in Towson and convoy to the park afterwards. Less chance of getting lost.:)

Also, I dunno if the park actually has an address. It's kinda back in da cut. . .and mapquest isn't always very accurate. As earlier stated, we will be sending out maps from various areas to the park and to the mall in the weeks prior to the meet. That way, it's GUARENTEED to be accurate.:tup:

DCivicEX 05-22-2002 03:36 PM

Hey All!
I'm new here. I'd totally be down for the meet up.
late.

robbclark1 05-22-2002 03:43 PM

I found it no problem on the Baltimore County Parks and Recreation page. If you say it is easier then ok. Towson just seemed out of the way.

http://www.co.ba.md.us/images/users/rp_honeygo.jpg

Vizyun 05-22-2002 03:52 PM

Once you, ken, klassy1 and I meet up, we can ride out there and decide. It's actually pretty short from the Mall. I just got Ken's #'s. Hit me up at home after 8:00 tonight, and we'll see if we can set something up!:tup:

Vizyun 05-22-2002 03:55 PM

Here's a thought. We could meet up at the White Marsh Mall instead. It's a bit closer to the park, and just as easy to locate as Towson Town Center. It's off of I-95 / 43, for those that don't know. There's a pretty large parking lot there. Thoughts?

robbclark1 05-22-2002 04:08 PM

yeah i would have thought white marsh would have been easier, but it might also be harder to find for some people. There is plenty of parking there tho and there are a ton of restaurants visible from the street that we can say to meet at. I will give u a call tonight Will.

Klassy1 05-22-2002 04:12 PM

<< [i]I found it no problem on the Baltimore County Parks and Recreation page. If you say it is easier then ok. Towson just seemed out of the way.

Yeah, it's probably easier to meet up. The Honeygo Park on the map is not yet completed. When it's finished it will be like 206acres. As for right now only one section of the park is done once it's finished the park will extend to four different properties. So I figured to avoid confusing people we could just meet up. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

Maverick 05-22-2002 07:19 PM

Hey Viz, I'm free all day Thursday and Fri morning and all weekend, Course we'll be at my house on Sunday doing mods to other cars...installing my CF Wing, possibly stereo and tv's and some sway bar work on a nissan. Lates people!

Maverick 05-22-2002 07:21 PM

Oh, I do have to pick up my freshly painted bumper sometime tomorrow tho. Had to get it hooked up all nice and shiny for da show

Vizyun 05-23-2002 08:17 AM

You busy Friday night? Robb and I had planned to take the ladies out for dinner, and we're going to see the park's location just prior. I hope you can make it! I'll ring you up later.:tup:

oblivious9 05-23-2002 08:31 AM

I think White Marsh would be a better meeting place than Towson. Considering you have an open parking lot @ whitemarsh, rather than having to deal w/ meeting in a parking garage, would make it a lot easier.

Maverick 05-23-2002 09:01 AM

i agree with meeting at white marsh. i'm not free fri night will, have to work..posted on other thread

Klassy1 05-23-2002 10:31 AM

Whew! This list was sort of difficult to come up with so I'm open to any suggestions as to changes or if you're unable to bring what I've put you down for. I spoke with Vizyun and took some of the e-mails I've recieved from some of you and have tried to put together a decent list. I know I didn't remember to put down everything, I'm sure there are quite a few things I'm missing so please provide input. So here goes!

Vizyun & Klassy1 = Meats, Matchlights, Lighter fluid, 1 side dish ,Hot sauce (per Vizyun's request:))
Rob = Meats, Ice, 1 side dish
Simply = Paper plates, plastic utensils (forks, knives, spoons, etc.)
Oblivious9 = 2 packs of hot dogs, One 2oz. liter of soda, 1 side dish of your choice
SiBorland = 4 gallons of water, One 2oz. liter of soda, 1 side dish of your choice
Hondasport01 = 2 bottles of Ketchup (catsup, whatever you'd like to call it) Mustard, One 2oz. liter of soda, 1 side dish of your choice
AzNHondaBol08 = 1 box of Premade Hamburgers, Plastic cups, One 2oz. liter of soda, 1 side dish of your choice
Jamie = 1 Cake, One 2oz. liter of soda, 1 side dish of your choice
Proph37 = 2 bags of pretzels, Hot dog buns, One 2oz. liter of soda, 1 side item of your choice
Maverick = Ice, Meats (Vizyun will discuss with you), One 2oz. liter of soda, 1 side item of your choice
Speedracer32 = 2 bags of chips, Hot dog buns, One 2oz. liter of soda, 1 side item of your choice
17VtecE = 2 packs of hot dogs, One 2oz. liter of soda, 1 side item of your choice
Storm 897 = 2 bags of Doritos, Hamburger buns, One 2oz. liter of soda, 1 side item of your choice
Neomagus = 2 bags of Cheese curls, Hamburger buns, One 2 oz. liter of soda, 1 side item of your choice
Abstract = Plastic cups, 1 box Premade Hamburgers, One 2oz. liter of soda, 1 side item of your choice
AceKicker = 1 box of trash bags, 2 boxes of aluminum foil, One 2oz. liter of soda, 1 side item of your choice

Alright, if anyone cannot bring what we've assigned PM Vizyun or I and we will take care of it. Those who live closer might need to bring more perishable items such as meats or ice. I made this list based upon the one Robb created on pg. 8 of this thread. I'm probably missing a few of you. If you're coming and would like to volunteer to bring something please PM me or e-mail me: Kymela5@hotmail.com and I'll let you know. We've asked everyone to bring a drink since it's going to be the middle of July and the Humidity is going to be a killer. I got a lot of request for side items, such as potato salad, macaroni cheese, etc. I don't know who of you can cook so I've just put down one side item of your choice. If you can cook by all means hook it up!!! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] If you can't bribe a friend who can, buy it whatever. It's cool!! Alright if you have any questions let me know. :tup:

Vizyun 05-23-2002 10:35 AM

Oh, since we'll be using matchlight charcoals, we won't be needing the lighter fluid. :)

Maverick 05-23-2002 11:21 AM

a little lighter fluid never hurt...plus i like to hear that whoosh sound when it lights...kinda like the grill is boosted haha. plus if it's windy, lighter fluid will come in handy. also, we may want to have people bring coolers(if that wasn't mentioned) just to keep ice, extra meat, etc in . i can bring one or 2, both good size.

Vizyun 05-23-2002 11:28 AM

Coolers would be great. That was definitely in the plan, although not mentioned. We're thinking (for meat) ribs, hamburger patties, hot-dogs, and some fried chicken (we might just pick up a bucket or two from Popeyes or something). I think that should be sufficient. We're estimating 50 people (I don't know if we'll have that much, but I'd rather overestimate than come up short). So everyone keep that in mind when you buy! As far as side items, try to bring enough for at least 15 people. That way, if we all bring one, it'll be plenty enough.

I'm also going to BEG Robb's fiancee (CONGRATULATIONS, ROBB!!!!!:):):tup::tup: ) to make some shish-kabobs! She makes em delicious!!!:)

SiBorland 05-23-2002 11:51 AM

Kinda funny how we were trying to get this going like 2 weeks ago and now its almost totally planned like 2 months before hand. Good job everybody!!! I love it when things are nice and planned out...no last minute improvising. Let me know if you all need any more help with this. P

robbclark1 05-23-2002 12:37 PM

I think anyone who isn't on that list or isn't sure if they are coming, if they come should bring something at least, some chips or WATER!! WE will probably need some water if is gonna be hot, soda isn't gonna be good enough. I will try to make some kabobs as our side dish, but probably not a lot (shrimp is expensive) so peeps are gonna have to share. I also have a small cooler. I will also bring two volleyballs and a good frisbee, but I better get them back!! I would also suggest bringing blankets or chairs to sit on. Thanks

ALso, what happens if it rains?!?! Just a thought, I don't think a BBQ will work in the rain! But whatever, I guess I am having second thoughts about this BBQ set up, but if you guys are all for it then fine, but if it rains we are screwed!

Vizyun 05-23-2002 01:30 PM

Well, the park does have a pavilion (at least we'll all have something to crowd under if it rains [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG] ) and I believe the grills are right next to the pavilion if not underneath it. There are picnic tables and such under the pavilion as well, although we have a couple of folding chairs and outdoor chairs we'll be bringing.:tup:

Speedracer32 05-23-2002 01:39 PM

it's amazing how everyone thinks a like
iwas thinkin about a rain date myself a couple of days ago but didn't post it
but if it does rain, then o'well...wet t-shirt contest[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Vizyun 05-24-2002 09:50 AM

Just a note, if you don't see your name on the list of attendees, please contact either RobbClark1 or Klassy1 to make sure you're counted, as we'd like an idea of how many people are coming LONG in advance. . .

AceKicker 05-24-2002 10:51 AM

hey vizyun where do we find out names to see if we are on the list.

Vizyun 05-24-2002 11:10 AM

<< hey vizyun where do we find out names to see if we are on the list. >>

2nd to the last post on page 20, by Klassy1.:tup:

AceKicker 05-24-2002 11:33 AM

umm there are only 11 pages on here.