Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Automotive Discussion (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion)
-   -   2007 Ford Mustang Cobra (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3-general-automotive-discussion/197669-2007-ford-mustang-cobra.html)

SilverSivic02 02-16-2005 08:36 PM

I think the Stang looks hot, but by far, given the choice, I would take the Vette anyday. I am also am a hardcore gm fan. These two nameplates have been around for quite a long time, so just give them their dues. I have loved Corvettes since I was a kid. I plan on purchasing one as soon as I become a registered pharmacist. My friends look at me funny when I say that, a chinese guy drivin a Vette. My point is, give it some respect even if it isnt your cup of tea.

orion_squall 02-16-2005 08:41 PM

sigh

Originally Posted by Metallica454
I hate these dumb, stereotypical hater remarks.My best friend just bought a 2000 Explorer with 96,000 miles. The truck has 0 rattles vs my 3, is mechanically perfect, mine with a bad clutch at 35K, and is still going strong. Much like my 94 Ranger b4 my Vic. 88K with no problems. NOT ONE. Belive it or not no rattles either. I'm not a biased person, I stuff from all makes. People need to just get off the brand kick. Look at a car for what it is, not by the nameplate. I new someone who bought a Passport thinking it would last because it said Honda on it. Well, his Isuzu designed car crapped out shortly after he bought it. Just dont get hung up on brand names. Its rediculous.

hey,

when we say the quality and reliability of certain products are bad, it means if you take a pupulation from that product, althought their mean is in the qualified range, the standard deviation of their quality will be bigger than 3 sigma, that is, 30% and more among them will be consider unreliable and low quality.

The fact that your friend didn't get a bad one does not mean the quality and the reliability of Ford automobiles are good.

What I stated is a very simple and real quality assurance used in every industry.

PennyKnotOff 02-16-2005 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by K20A_Wanabe
Yeah i was looking at geting a 1967 ford mustang fastback manual when i was looking at cars before my civic. So this is the first car i was going to get and i didn't have opinions on cars or brands. He test drove it for me and it was ok wasn't the worlds best. Once we got to the gas station he filled up and he goes to start it. and guess what it won't start and he started to hit his engine or something i wasn't paying attention but it then started. THen my friends explorer awd went out and his stearing kept on poping and he finally fixed that after taking it to ford like 100 times.

How much was the mustang?
My mustang has less miles then my civic. Mustang= 31,079 Civic= 33,023
And yes it's the original miles and no i didn't roll over. It was park many a year ago :D

K20A_Wanabe 02-16-2005 08:55 PM

I have no clue how many miles but he was selling it for 10,000 which i though was over priced and so did my dad

02boostlessCIV 02-16-2005 09:38 PM

i can't wait till they release 2 things.... Acura NSX with 3.5l V6 race tuned engine available to the public with around 380-400hp, and the V8 mugen designed race or detuned engine to the public

dre2600 02-16-2005 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Echelon04
Put that thing against an EVO on a curvy road. That mustang would gets its ass handed to it.... I pee on mustangs like R Kelly. :flush:

The posted specs on the first page said that it could pull 1g, thats pretty impressive, last I checked the EVO MR clocked in at about 0.96g. So on a curvy road it could hold its own, even with the active yaw control etc. etc. on the EVO the SVT could overpower it in the straights. Give the car it's due. I was wondering when they'd fit IRS (ind. rear susp.) on a Mustang, I'm happy that SVT offered it as an option.

Jrfish007 02-17-2005 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by dre2600
The posted specs on the first page said that it could pull 1g, thats pretty impressive, last I checked the EVO MR clocked in at about 0.96g. So on a curvy road it could hold its own, even with the active yaw control etc. etc. on the EVO the SVT could overpower it in the straights. Give the car it's due. I was wondering when they'd fit IRS (ind. rear susp.) on a Mustang, I'm happy that SVT offered it as an option.

The front page also siad it was selling for 30G, we have since been shown it is going for 40G. I can not beilive they can pulls the thing to 1G with the current set up. They would have to spot weld every piece of the body and tube frame it to get those numbers. Look at the current reviews of the '05 Mustang GT, they don't even get close to that. I think it got 0.84G
http://motortrend.com/roadtests/coup...us/index5.html

That's not what I call keeping up with an EVO. I sorry, but I just don't see a 30 y/o design being able to keep up with todays cars a curves and corners with out some major help.

If SVT can pull the Mustang GT to 1G, with that power I would by one. I would truely be impressed by the SVT team in that case, but I'll beileve when I see it.

EssEss21 02-17-2005 07:46 AM

ive never liked em b4 but they did a total 180 and i love the new ones

dre2600 02-17-2005 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jrfish007
The front page also siad it was selling for 30G, we have since been shown it is going for 40G. I can not beilive they can pulls the thing to 1G with the current set up. They would have to spot weld every piece of the body and tube frame it to get those numbers. Look at the current reviews of the '05 Mustang GT, they don't even get close to that. I think it got 0.84G
http://motortrend.com/roadtests/coup...us/index5.html

That's not what I call keeping up with an EVO. I sorry, but I just don't see a 30 y/o design being able to keep up with todays cars a curves and corners with out some major help.

If SVT can pull the Mustang GT to 1G, with that power I would by one. I would truely be impressed by the SVT team in that case, but I'll beileve when I see it.

It said on the first page that SVT would swap the live axle for an independant rear suspension. I think that changing the entire rear suspension setup of a car (they seem to be borrowing a page out of the Mazda tri-point architecture book maybe?) would give it a big suspension difference. If you 'can't believe' the car pulls 1g thats not really at all rational, the guy said it could, it'll be tested, theres no reason not to believe in. You change the rear suspension, beef up the frame (as stated) and add appropriate tires and it can do it.

Yes it costs 40k (35k for coupe, convertible, pfft.), but for the amount of money you get a stock block w. impressive output at low boost, not a 4 cylinder, turboed block (with the 4G63 being older than Christ) already running somewhere around 18psi. The car obviously isn't a rally car, nor does it have AWD, but if the given figure is correct and theres no reason to believe its not, it can certainly handle itself on the track and the engine has more potential for upgrades than the EVO.

HomerSimpson 02-17-2005 07:53 AM

I am really liking the new mustang. If i had 30K to spend I would definently get one.

Jrfish007 02-17-2005 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by dre2600
It said on the first page that SVT would swap the live axle for an independant rear suspension. I think that changing the entire rear suspension setup of a car (they seem to be borrowing a page out of the Mazda tri-point architecture book maybe?) would give it a big suspension difference. If you 'can't believe' the car pulls 1g thats not really at all rational, the guy said it could, it'll be tested, theres no reason not to believe in. You change the rear suspension, beef up the frame (as stated) and add appropriate tires and it can do it.

Yes it costs 40k (35k for coupe, convertible, pfft.), but for the amount of money you get a stock block w. impressive output at low boost, not a 4 cylinder, turboed block (with the 4G63 being older than Christ) already running somewhere around 18psi. The car obviously isn't a rally car, nor does it have AWD, but if the given figure is correct and theres no reason to believe its not, it can certainly handle itself on the track and the engine has more potential for upgrades than the EVO.

You better read a little more carefully. Later in this thread, it someone quoted Ford directly as saying they where considering using IRS (independant rear suspension) but decided agianst it. That SVT that will be for sale is going to have a live rear axel just like the GT.

And the price is about 40G and 45G for the convertible, look at motortrend's sight. But I am not going hold those prices, because it hasn't been realised yet and those just motortrand here say.

Jrfish007 02-17-2005 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by angelswin
I have a question for all the people hating on this car because they say it isn't fast enough or it doesn't handle well?Have you ever driven any Mustang?Since the day they were built the handling has been questionable,as for speed,how many people who buy them are going to use them to race or drag with them.I haven't drove one yet but I've seen them up close and It fulfills its purpose as an everyday driver.I think the kind of people hating on these cars are the same idiots trying to turn a Civic into a race car.Just so you know I am for foreign or domestics.

I never siad it wasn't fast enough in a striaght line. It's plenty fast. And yes, I've owned to Mustangs, a '94 5.0 and a '97 Rousch that blew the motor and I put a Saleen motor into. And if I build a civic into a race car (and I have) I still don't consider myself to be an idiot. My race car civic had a tube frame/ roll cage, no back seat or passenger, pulled 1.01G and ran 11.1 in the quarter mile with a built B16 and seem welded body panels. To me that seems like race car status, maybe not to you though. My daily driver is an '04 Accord EX, completely stock, I dirive it becasue it's a good car and I got a really good deal on it. Am I one these "idiots" you speek of? Becasue to me, it sounds like you are making a very uneducated generalization here that people who who don't like this car are "ricers." I simply don't think the car is cup of tea becasue IMO anyone with common know how with cars can build a V8 RWD car like a Mustang or Camaro to go fast in a striaght line. It takes far more skill to make a car that can turn and curner AND go fast.

Pharoh 02-17-2005 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Metallica454
I hate these dumb, stereotypical hater remarks.My best friend just bought a 2000 Explorer with 96,000 miles. The truck has 0 rattles vs my 3, is mechanically perfect, mine with a bad clutch at 35K, and is still going strong. Much like my 94 Ranger b4 my Vic. 88K with no problems. NOT ONE. Belive it or not no rattles either. I'm not a biased person, I stuff from all makes. People need to just get off the brand kick. Look at a car for what it is, not by the nameplate. I new someone who bought a Passport thinking it would last because it said Honda on it. Well, his Isuzu designed car crapped out shortly after he bought it. Just dont get hung up on brand names. Its rediculous.

Stereotype? I don't remember you asking if I ever owned a Ford or if anyone in my family does...my dad had a 2004 Explorer XLT for about 5 weeks before he got sick of it and traded in for a GM. The one he had before that was a 2000 and it was the shits too. Honda Passport was a POS and so what? They've definately had enough success that one bad car isn't going to change my opinion of the company...Ford turns out one $hit box after another....cop cars exploding...SUV's flipping, Focus' recalled time and time again....Windstars with power steering and RWD...honestly..

_Viper_ 02-17-2005 09:47 AM

i have to agree ..Listen yes That Cobra is nice we are not saying it isn't but the fact is Ford has time and time again produced vehicles that are dangerous and are flooded with problems..I actually went to check out the new Ford mustang GT brand new in the showroom and i was disgusted with its fit and finish..Under the dash there was modules that we not even bolted in and just hung there and also under the hood you could see all the wiring for the plugs not even covered with electrical tape...

Even the manager of sales said man we will get stuck with these cars for a while..i showed him all the flaws and he was like WTF we didn't even notice this....

Now compare a 30 000 dollar Honda or Acura American and see what you get ..Quality all the way..
I will never buy a new ford in my life. once you buy one your stuck with it and good luck trading it in..Even when you go back to the ford dealer they dont even want it back

Originally Posted by Pharoh
Stereotype? I don't remember you asking if I ever owned a Ford or if anyone in my family does...my dad had a 2004 Explorer XLT for about 5 weeks before he got sick of it and traded in for a GM. The one he had before that was a 2000 and it was the shits too. Honda Passport was a POS and so what? They've definately had enough success that one bad car isn't going to change my opinion of the company...Ford turns out one $hit box after another....cop cars exploding...SUV's flipping, Focus' recalled time and time again....Windstars with power steering and RWD...honestly..